Chapter 44

Nini
    I let open the door with the keys EJ gave me last night and sit down at the table. I don't want to process what Ricky explained to me and the fact that I have to, makes it worse.
"I'm going to call EJ," Ricky begins, "just gonna let him know we're gonna order take out."
I nod. It's 7 O'clock. I've noticed Ms. Jenn has been holding the kids back longer. I mean, I don't blame her. The first show was a mess. I wouldn't want that to happen again.
   I want to get out of this mess. Go back to UCLA, continue this stuff as if it never happened. Continue to have movie nights with Ricky, and just not give a shit.
   "Mkay. What do you want? Pizza? Burgers? Tacos?" He comes back, and sits down across from me. "You alright?"
  I tie my hair up in a pony tail before taking off my hoodie.
  "Okay, warning?" He turns around.
  "I have a tank top on. Plus, it's not like you haven't already saw something." I joke.
  He turns around with a grin on his face.
  "Funny. Real funny."
  "Anyways, I'm fine. Just...I want to know." I put my hoodie to the side.
  "What do you want to know?"
  "How you met Kant..how you got involved in that and why they are so mad."
  "I Met Kant at a party around the end of junior year. I met Skye there too. Kant was a sophomore in college at the time and he took me under his wing. And like I told you, he didn't like me and Skye together. That's how it all started." He explains.
  "Okay but why is Skye going after you?"
  "She wants us to be together. After I told her no, she just..went crazy and the next thing I know, her whole family turns into a mafia and i'm the target."
  "Ricky, are you hearing yourself? It's obviously something more than that. Did I go and try to kill you after we broke up? Twice?" I plop my head down on the counter. "There's something more to that and I am too tired to figure it out right now." I pause. "Pizza."
  "Like what? What could it possibly be? Do you want Mario's?"
  "I don't know Rick. And yes. Why don't we just go? Leave Utah and go back to UCLA like we were suppose to?"
"That's an option..but no. We're staying for the performance."
"Wow. Our lives in danger and you still want to go to a high school performance."
"Really? I get that your tired but don't be an asshole to them. I'm sure they want us to be there."
I put my head up.
"Whatever. Just order the food before I end up sleeping here and not ever waking up."
"Fine. We're staying by the way."

I wonder how I'm not sick Ricky. I'm really no. I just get annoyed by him. Really annoyed by him.

*Flashback*
"Fine. I'll be there. 8 right?" I put the phone on speaker as I being to take out my homework.
"That's what I thought. Yeah, it's at 8. Dress nice." Kourtney says with sass in her voice.
"The fuck do I wear? I'm not about to show up in a dress."
"Well your single. Wear what you want."
"Sorry to inform you, but I may be single, but I'm not ready. To be honest, I don't know how it is with EJ. It's complicated right now."
"Nini. He cheated on you. There's nothing more to it. Just forget him. He's gonna graduate soon and he won't be in your life anymore. Not that hard."
"Maybe not for you Kourtney, but it is for me. I gotta go. I'll see you there."
"I hope your leaving to get ready."
"It's 6. I have time. A lot of it. Homework won't finish itself."
"Oh my lord. Nini your an idiot. Have you never gone to a party before? Especially EJ's?"
"No? Bitch you know I go to no parties."
"Just. My god. Wear shorts. That's all I can tell you. It gets hot in there."
"Fine."

I drive to EJ's house wearing black shorts and a white tank top with a sweater. It still gets cold every now and then.

   I knock on the door. I can hear the music already. EJ answers. I start to wonder if he makes time to open the door for everyone.
   "You came.." he says with a grin.
"Uhm. Yeah. Not..for you." I say blandly.
"Right. Uh come in. Drinks are in the kitchen. Same with the snacks, and just have fun I guess. I did want to talk to you but if you don't want to that's fine."
"We can talk later. I just want to meet up with my friends, if that's cool."
"Of course."

***

Lachlan
I sit down in my room as Skye continues to cook. I never had dinner around 8. It was always either extremely early or extremely late. I don't know if it's a nice touch.
I take out my phone and dial Rickys number. 3 rings before picks up.

"Hello?" His voice says.
"Hey. It's Lachlan. Lachlan Woodson."
"Oh hey. How are you?"
"Fine. You? Did you get a place?"
"Yeah. I guess you could say that. Do you need something?"
"Yeah. It's about Nini. It's her case. It's closed."
"What? Why?"
"I mean...I'm doing the case without her permission."
"I can confront her about it if you want."
"What? No. I don't want her to know because girls like her get sensitive about this stuff. Any girl would. We can tell her once she gets justice."
"Your still gonna continue it?"
"Yeah. And let's just say, your a potential target."
"What do you mean?" I can hear Nini in the background.
"Another photo came up the other day. It's you at the party carrying her up the stairs."
"What? I was at the party but I didn't..." he scoffs, "what?"
"I know you didn't do it. I trust you. I needed to let you know. I will send you a photo of it. Just call or text me when you get any Information that can help me. I'll be here waiting.
   "Uh yeah. I got you. I need a sequel to this story. Please."
  "And you'll get one Rick."

Short chapter but oh well! The bolded words are there for a reason. Just find out why :)

-CR

Enjoy your day or night!