Chapter 45

Ricky
   "You alright?" I ask Nini, sitting at the table eating her pizza with a blank expression.
"Mhm."
"O-kay...do want water?"
"No. I'm fine."
"Gotcha.."

Flashback*
"I'm leaving mom!" I shout, opening the door. I hold my skateboard close to my side.
"Mkay. Bye honey!"

I continue to skate down the street, using my phone's navigation app to go to EJ's. Big Red had sent me the address.

  I arrive at his house and almost immediately, I hear loud EDM music and people shouting. I grip the door knob, thinking it's locked, but accidentally push my way in. I shrug it off before entering the loud house.
   Before I could even close the door, a Hurd of people rush by dancing, shouting without much care. I close the door and travel through the colorful lighting, people, and drinks splattered everywhere. I look around for anyone. I go to the kitchen and see Big Red, Carlos and Seb leaning on the counters.
  "Hey guys!" I shout, hoping they can hear me past the music.
  "You came?" Carlos answers with a grin.
"Of course! If you guys are, I am." It was darker than I thought. The house relied on blinking lights for vision.
"Want a drink?" Big Red asks.
"Uh sure?"
  He leaves and comes back with a red cup.
  "Be light." He says, handing me the cup.
  "What why?" I take a sip before immediately spitting it out. "Oh. Vodka. Got it."
    They all laugh at me before taking sips of theirs.
  "Uhm. You see Nini anywhere?"
  "I saw her with Kourtney but then she went with EJ somewhere. I haven't seen her since." Seb says looking around.
  "Oh. Right."
  "We just gonna stand her or are we gonna dance?" Carlos asks, taking seb's hand.
"You guys go ahead. I'll be with you in a bit." I head and look around the house. Looking for her. I...I really should leave her be. Let me go without seeing her face. I could make it way easier on my self and..I probably should.
I continue to look around, but my curiosity leads to the basement.

"Don't leave my fucking house without my fucking permission!"
"EJ fuck off! How fucked up do you have to be?"

The voices causes me to rush down there. I see EJ clutching Nini's wrist, tears streaming down her face.
"Hey! EJ. Dude let her go," I say walking towards the 2. "Fucks the matter with you?"
"Of course. Your here." He says, eyes red, "You can leave Y'know. It ain't your business. So go on."
    "Nini, I think you should leave, c'mon." I grab her hand.
    "No no no," he says smiling. "I'll leave. You dip shits can stay here. Enjoy each other's company."
   He was drunk. Real drunk. He goes upstairs, staring at us with a drunken smile.
  "You alright Nini? Hey? Hello?" She's on the verge of falling. I put my hands on her shoulders and try looking at her in the eyes. Her eyes constantly closing for a long period of time every now and then. I touch her face and forehead, her head heating up by the second.
   "Nini!" I say, shaking her. There's no sign of alcohol in her presence, so she didn't drink anything.
  I put her arm over my shoulder and slowly bring her upstairs.
  "Hey! Anyone!" I shout, reaching the top of the stairs. "Help!"
  A brown haired guy was the only one that heard me.
  "The fuck?" He questions.
  "Look we gotta get her somewhere. I'd bring her back home but I don't got a car." I look around, "help me bring her upstairs."

***
   EJ came back 30 minutes after Nini went to bed.
   "There's like 4 slices left for you," I say as he walks in. I put down my book.
   "Oh. Sweet thanks." He puts down his wallet on the counter and sits down at the table. I sit across from him. "Where's Nini?"
   "She went to bed. Grumpy she was."
   "Right."
He takes bites out of the pizza.
    "I'm not complaining or anything but how long you guys going to stay here?"
    "I'm not sure. Maybe another week. I don't know but we're leaving after the high school performance so...not too long."
    "Mm. Gotcha. To be honest I didn't think you'd show up."
   "What do you mean?"
   "For the reunion."
  "What why?"
   "You left. Without warning. When I called you, I didn't think you'd answer, let alone come. So, can you really blame me?"
   "Yeah. T-that's fair."
   "Oh, also. I had no clue you and Nini kept in touch, let alone share a place with each other."
   "What? We..we don't share a place with each other, where'd you get that assumption?"
   "You came at the same time? I meant here. You guys go to different colleges anyway." He looks at me with an eyebrow raised. "You alright?"
   "Yeah. I'm fine. Just took it the wrong way. I have been in touch with her. It was rude for me not to do the same for you guys, my apologies."
   "No. Dude. Your fine. We got nothing on you." He finish's 2 slices before standing up. "Alright. Uhm. I'm gonna get ready for bed. It was nice talking to you."
  "Yup. You too."
Shits to awkward for this stuff.

Lachlan
    "Skye," I say, walking out of the bedroom, "where is everyone staying?"
   "That came out of no where. Okay then." She looks at me. "What's with the all of a sudden concern."
   "Just..wanted to know if my family's fine."
   "Which..you've already asked about.."
   "I know but can you just answer the question? If you don't want to, that's fine. I just wanted to know."
  "They are all staying at a hotel. They know I'm here." She goes back to the pot as she brings tomatoes with her.
  "And they didn't care to come with you. Funny." I sit down.
  "They're tired from the flight. I'm sure they'll visit you tomorrow."
  "Okay but that doesn't make sense. Why are you guys here?"
  "I told you already. We're just here to visit you. Yes, mom and dad were reluctant but they agreed. Why suspicious?"
  "It just didn't make sense to me. Okay?" I look around. "I'm going to bed. I have work tomorrow."
  "Wait. What about dinner?"
  "Put it in the fridge, but thanks sis."

Yes, you've may have noticed that the chapters are shorter. With this...corona break, I plan to post as much as I can, even if they're short.
Also, for those who found that really easy hint, yes. There will be a sequel.
For this book, the chapters (with plan) should finish in June or July.

Don't you Remember?
(Sequel)
Planned to begin, August 2020.

By then, this book should be done, filling you in on everything. The information on the book, will be released in the 55th chapter of this book.
There are planned to be 55 chapters left of Meeting You Halfway.
Yes, it's a long time from here, but it will come fast. And I'm ready for it. Are you?

Enjoy Your Day or Night!
~CR