Chapter 20 - Mamma

Chlo's pov:

Hannah and em left about 20 minutes ago and it was 11:00pm. The night had been cute, we watched films and lit some candles but I couldn't get the thought of Hannah's dad hitting her again out of my head! I had almost forgot about the incident so many years ago, how had I not seen it until now. The thought of my best friend and partner in crime leaving to go live on the other side of the world terrified me. Yes I had em and the boys but we had been though so much together and she was part of my hope to finally come closer to my brother again. We was a team. A team as in two people not one. I needed Hannah and Hannah needed me. I felt sick, what would I do without her? I needed to call mum. My mum who would sort everything out and put my mind at ease, she always did. I hope one day into the future if I can have half the relationship with my daughter as I do with my mum I will be happy.

* FaceTime to mamma💖 *

" hi mum " the camera focused on my beautiful mamma. " hi sweetie, is everything okay? We spoke only this afternoon" even my mums soft smile started putting my stomach at ease "not really" I sigh taking a drink of my tea. " whats up sweetie" my mum knew everything about Hannah's dad because I told her and asked for advice back then " well it's Hannah, mum her parents are moving and making her move with them" A single tear rolls down my cheek as I whisper to mum. It sounds pathetic that I'm crying over my friend moving but Hannah's my best friend and I'v lost too many people, I'm not going to loose another without a fight.

" awe don't worry sweetie, I'm sure you can still see her lots and you train together" " mum there making her move to Australia" I raise my voice at the word itself "oh" is all my mum could say before I continued " she really doesn't want to, she's happy and you know what a shot we have as a team making the squad but her parents don't get it. There not listening to her and if that's not bad enough she told me it's happening again" I looked at my mums face as it dropped even further, her eyes popping out of her head " he can't be" " he is"

There was a long pause as mum thought " I'm so sorry hunny, you know Hannah and em are practically like my daughters I can't hate the thought of that man hitting her again. That man who invites us all round for dinner and party's. What cheek." My mum was angry, she had got past the shocked stage and had turned angry. " you say her parents are moving to austraylia, when?" " next week! " " well Hannah's, over the legal age to move out, she's 17, 18 next month so I don't see why she has to move. I'll speak to you father but I don't see why there would be a problem with Hannah moving in. We have enough room."

" WHAT" I scream at my phone looking at my mum in disbelief. " unless you don't want her ..." I cut mum off " mum of corse I do, I'm just shocked! I'v been sat here worrying all night thinking she going to have to move and live with him away from all of us" " I'll ring your dad and then you can tell Hannah, now try not to worry sweetie everything will work out! Now go to bed it's late don't forget to take your tablets, I love you. See you soon" " mum your the best, love you"

And that's it. I pressed the red end call button and smiled. The news that had me so worried less that 30 minutes ago had made me smile, Hannah can move in and escape her dad! I don't know how bad the situation with him is, but I'll get her to open up tomorrow at training.

---------------------------------

The feeling of climbing into bed with fresh sheets and pyjamas is one of the best. My teeth feeling minty fresh, face clean and hair scraped back I couldn't be happier. I sank down under the sheets into the mattress feeling relaxed and happy. Life was finally starting to get better, yes sure I still miss my brother but I have a solid group of friends, an adorable caring boyfriend and the worlds best mum and dad. As if on cue my phone buzzed.