Chapter 55

But she wasn't right.

Hannah wasn't right at all. He didn't call, he didn't text, he didn't FaceTime, he didn't snapchat. He didn't contact me.

The second day of our break up was spent moping around and crying until I hurled my phone at a wall in anger, the only satisfaction I received was watching the screen crack and shatter, the cracks seemed to represent my relationship.

I sat and stared at the phone for over an hour so tempted to pick up a shard of the glass and let out some anger but I stood up and walked away leaving it broken on the floor where it still lies three days later.

These last five days have been filled with me being glum and only showering once when Hannah and Em ganged up on me and said I was smelling. The days went by the same, in bed or wrapped up in a duvet on the sofa flicking through pointless TV programmes. I didn't go out but I did log onto Twitter on my laptop to check out all the drama. There was only a few tweets on what had happened but when I scrolled down my timeline id seen pictures of Brad and the boys which caused my mood to plunge even more. He looked as good as ever; he was also wearing the necklace id secretly packed for him. It made my heart twist knowing that i messed everything up.

Before i can see any more i slam my laptop lid down and grab my bag heading out for the first time in a week.

Its only 9 days until Christmas, and i haven't bought many presents but maybe some retail therapy will do me some good. I head into town mingling among the festive Christmas shoppers whom are all buying the same old gift sets.

I stand and watch a happy couple holding hands laughing whilst walking down the street. That used to be me.. that used to be us.

I spend some time pondering over the standard Christmas presents before deciding to splurge on those most important to me. I end up buying Hannah and Em a Carter bracelet which i take to an engravers to have "Soul sisters" engraved in curly writing on the inside.

On the way to the engravers I pass a vintage shop and see a present perfect for Brad...

Brad.I can't help but think of him, I walk into the cute shop and eye up the racks of records spotting several of our favourite bands. My hand traces over the album covers which bring back memories...

"Boys go away its girls night" I say putting my hand in my hip and trying to shut the door.

"But chlooooo" all four moan.

"We're board" Connor shouts

"Fine but don't tell the girls I let in so easily" I laugh opening the door as Brad comes up wrapping his arms round me and pecking me on the lips.

Upstairs Hannah and em have the music blaring and as I run up the stairs I can't help but sing along

'Well now then Mardy Bum
Oh I'm in trouble again, aren't I?' I shout over the music reaching the top of the stairs where Brad tugs on my arm and whispers in my ear

'I thought as much
Cause you turned over there
Pulling that silent disappointment face
The one that I can't bear''

I smile recognising the lyrics turning to him and placing my forehead against his whispering lyrics back

'Can't we laugh and joke around
Remember cuddles in the kitchen
Yeah, to get things off the ground
And it was up, up and away
Oh, but it's right hard to remember
That on a day like today when you're all argumentative'