Chapter 59

I began to stir in my sleep coming out of what I can only explain as the best night sleep i've had in a while.

I tossed and turned trying to fall back into a slumber but a hand caressed my cheek causing my eyes to flutter open and adjust to the early morning light shining singing through the curtains into the bed area.

I feel the bed dip and i opened my eyes completely, rubbing the sleep and sticky jew of the night away.

"good morning baby" brad whispers leaning and pecking my lips. I groan then smile returning the kiss. We end up kissing and generally snuggling in bed

"oh chlo?"

"yeah"

"merry christmas babe" i let out a laugh and kiss him again

"merry christmas you numpty" "i still cant believe you and your family have just swapped christmas day!"

"meh, mums obsessed with christmas. And besides i wanted to spend it with you anyway so you don't see me complaining"
i smile at his sweet gesture, rolling over at noting the time.

"well then can we go and open presents now?" giggle

"lets go see if there up" brad groans as i pull the duck feather duvet off him. We climb out of bed and i throw on some leggings instead of my shorts. Brad waits whilst i change and holds his hand out for me as he opens my door.

On the other side of the door is two stockings with tubes of sweets and pringles popping out. I laugh and let go of his hand unhooking the stocking from the door

"i told you she's christmas crazy' he rolls his eyes but picks up his own

"shhh she's cute" i slick his hair slightly.

"you can't open it yet- its tradition, we have to wait for everybody' he murmurs waking over to the room where Anne and Derek are staying. He opens the door and starts mumbling before reaching his arm out of the door and grabbing me pulling me into the room.

i go into the room and see Nat,Anne and Derek all sat on the bed. Anne and Derek both in pyjamas whilst Nat is in her adorable mini mouse onsie.

"merry christmas!" Anne sang- standing from the bed walking around and engulfing me and brad into a cheery hug

"its about time you two got up" derek jokes before him and Nat greet us with merry christmas.

"come on you two, perch on the end of the bed and lets get these stockings opened" Nat says rubbing her hands together eagerrly

i must have looked confused as brad began to explain "its tradition- we always open stockings with mum and dad in their room then go down and split the presents into piles- each taking a turn to open one"

"cute" i laugh "and really anne you didn't have to do this" i geustered to the stocking

"i didn't. Santa did" she winks and Brad rolls his eyes

Brad, Nat and me all begin undooing our stockings- pulling out the token fillers.

I really felt overwhelmed with all the little details Anne had gone to- my stocking was perfect and cute, i can tell she'd thought carefully about each and every one. My favourites had to be the personalised coke bottle she had got all three of us, the amount of american candy she'd stuffed them with - especially reeces, my all time fav chocolate. The rest of the stocking contained the standard filler presents.

when all the stockings were empty- we all made our way downstairs where the boys went into the living room to start piling up the presents whilst the girls made their way into the kitchen to make drinks and warm up some croissants for breakfast (curtasy of Anne)