Chapter 56

Christmas Eve- the soft patter of rain hitting the train window is a synfony to my ears as I sit on the crowded train to Birmingham.

The last minute decision to try and salvage my relationship is something I'm questioning now that I'm sat on an extremely busy train which is packed with late night Christmas goers.

The rest of the time the boys were in America got slightly better as I started to get myself together. I stayed off all social media and didn't bother to look on Instagram but I did a lot of pointless Christmas shopping and visited the diving pool an awful lot.

The impromptu visit to Birmingham was made when all the lads had come back and Hannah and em had left the house to spend Christmas away with the boys and their families.

It had only just started to sink in that Christmas really would be lonely if I didn't swallow my pride and try to amend things with Brad.

Iv checked his Twitter and and he hasn't posted anything apart from a stupid little rant about American Airlines charging him extra for his luggage allowance. Typical Brad- he doesn't tweet but when he does it's a load of rubbish.

The trains passengers seem to multiply as the journey continues- I suppose everyone is travelling to spend Christmas with their loved ones.

I decided to come last minute after seeing Annes Instagram post of the family Christmas shopping. I missed the cheerfulness of the Simpsons. However the extensive £78 Christmas train ticket put a little dent to my impromptu plan.

When the train draws into Birmingham station I'm quick to grab my bag with some clothes in and the three carrier bags full of presents. You remember when I mentioned pointless Christmas shopping... Yeah, don't ask.

I make my way out of the station quickly and join the line of people waiting for taxis. I don't have my phone to text anyone to let them know I'm coming as it's still a pile of shards on the floor back at the house- I still haven't yet mustered up the courage to pick them up yet. On one of the trips into town I went into 02 and placed an order for a new phone but it's not going to arrive in store until after Christmas.

I climb into a black cab and give him the street name of brads house as I don't quite remember the exact address. I'll just let the drive drop me at the end of the street and I'll walk and find the right house.

The cabbie is friendly enough- chattering non stop about Christmas and his excited 3 girls who are at home. I nod and smile every now and then but my anxiety and butterfly's are starting to blare in my stomach. Am I that nervous to see him- really?

When the driver reaches the street he pulls up at the end and I hand him £40 telling him to keep the change and to treat his girls. He beams and thanks my immensely before nodding his head and driving off.

I recognise the street and start to walk up it;the bags in my hands weighing me down a little.

The houses start to get more familiar  with the neatly chopped green hedges and Christmas lights weaved though trees.

Another two minutes of walking and I can see Brads house when the door opens and I immediately step back hiding behind a think bush.

It's Brad at the doorway the light of the hallway illuminating his features and showing off his sun kissed LA skin. I'm about to step out of the shadows and face the music when a girl side steps Brad stepping out of the house and onto the drive way.

She's pretty and blonde. Her shoulder length hair is cascading in glossy naturally loose waves. Her figures amazing, I continue to stare as they both lean in and hug each other. I continue to stare - my heart beat raising and I gulp.