Chapter 22

One and Only Chapter 22

The limo went through Times Square and you were blown away by the city life. You got the camera management gave you and took pictures of the different sites and of the date.

The limo came to a stop at front of an ice cream shop. Harry and Giselle got out first and you walked behind them taking photos. "Would you like anything Beyoncé?" Harry offered.

"No it's fine" "Come on you can't deny ice cream" he smiled. You smiled back and seemed to forgotten how to speak because he chuckled at your silence.

"May I have 3 sundaes" he ordered. "Thank you" you let out. You three sat at one of the round tables to eat them. Harry talked to Giselle but he kept his eyes looked on yours.

His glare made you nervous and you couldn't help but blush and flirt with your eyes. Your phone vibrated and you checked that your alarm went off, you were making sure you kept to the schedule.

"We need to get the snacks and hid to the next part" you shyly said. "Oh sorry, I must have lost track of time" Harry apologized. You all walked to the corner store and Giselle went crazy on getting snacks.

"Grab some of your favorites" Harry said as he tilted his head towards the aisle of junk food. He observed you as you awkwardly looked around trying to pick something but you couldn't pick.

Oh my god he is staring at me! Do I look good? Ugh I feel a bit fat. Maybe I should have worn something different

"Just pick already" Harry laughed. "Oh yeah sorry" you blushed and you grabbed some random chips and candy. "Hun are you ready?" he asked Giselle before grabbing everything and taking them to check out.

Harry insisted on paying it himself instead of using the company credit card. You began to bag the snacks but he cut you off and finished it. As you went to pick up one of the bags he interrupted you again, "No, I'll do it!"

"Are you sure? It's not a problem, I can carry some" "It is fine, it's a gentleman's responsibility" he cheekily smiled.

As you walked to back to the limo you couldn't believe how generous Harry was. Back at the hotel the other boys were out at dinner so Harry's hotel room was empty.

"Seems like Liam cleaned up" he shouted back as you and Giselle followed him into the room. "Giselle I hope you like chicken fajitas because I will be cooking that tonight" "I never had that before" Giselle said eagerly.

"Harry may I help? We are running behind schedule so two people working together will be faster" "I would like that!" he blushed. "Now Giselle I want you to feel completely comfortable, so you can roam the suite" Harry always spoke to Giselle in a concerned compassionate tone.

"So Harry I'm under your command, tell me what to do" "Whoa Beyoncé not in front of the child" he joked. You laughed a bit but you rolled your eyes since you didn't mean it in that way.

"I'm joking. You can start cutting all the vegetables while I start the rice and prepare the chicken" "Got it". At first Giselle was sitting there observing you two but then she took Harry up on his offer and began to snoop around the suite.

"Can I play music?" you asked Harry because it was awkwardly quiet. "Sure" You took your phone out and played your playlist. The first song to come up was "Fix You" by Coldplay started to play.

"No way! You like Coldplay?" Harry shrieked as he stopped cutting the chicken. "Yeah I love a couple of their songs" your face lit up. You began to wash the vegetables and you giggled when your heard Harry singing along.

When you rinsed the vegetable you sprinkled the water from your hands on Harry. It was an unconscious thing. "Hey hey hey calm down" he laughed.

When you started cutting the vegetables he playfully bumped you as he walked to the stove. You looked down trying to hide your smile. It was odd that you two didn't talk much but you were enjoying your time.

"Giselle dinner is ready" you shouted as she came out of Liam's bedroom. "Why does Liam have toys with him?" she asked slightly confused. "He loves to go to the big toy stores here in New York to get things that aren't at home" Harry smiled as he prepared her plate.

"I'll be back in 15 minutes" you excused yourself as you grabbed to snack bags and left the room to take the snacks to the roof. After you set everything up you rushed to your room to fix your makeup and hair.

You looked at yourself in the mirror for the longest time trying to see if you looked okay. By the time you returned to the room they had finished eating.

"Sorry something came up, but now we can go to the roof" you smiled as you led them upstairs. "Wow" Giselle let out when she saw the roof. You put on She's the Man and sat by the staircase admiring them.

During the movie Harry removed his sweater to cover Giselle because it had gotten chilly. Before the movie was over Giselle had fallen asleep, you text Paul to let him know it was over.

Harry whispered to Giselle to wake her up to say his goodbye and take a final picture with her. Paul came up and took her so he could return her to her guardians.

"She was a sweet girl" you said to Harry. "Yeah, when I met her and she told me her story I knew I had to pick her" "What's her story?" "When she was just a few weeks old she lost her father. He was a fireman and he passed away during 9/11.

Her mom went into depression and fell into some bad habits so her aunt is her legal guardian now". You became emotional because Giselle seemed like such a happy girl but she had lived to experience some devastating losses.

Your voice trembled, "you did well on making her day" "It's the least I could do" he said a bit sad. You two stood quiet and it seemed like you both were thinking about Giselle and her family.

" Harry you should get some sleep" "What are you going to do?" "I need to get this cleaned up then I'm heading to bed" "Let me help you" "It's fine. It is sort of my job" you laughed.

"I helped make this mess so let me help". Before you could say anything he started picking up the empty bags and wrappers. "Look at the stars" Harry broke the silence.

You looked up and the night sky was filled with sparkling stars. You laid down on the blankets to observe the beauty. Harry put down the trash bag and laid down next to you .

"It's nice to see natural beauty in a big city" you practically whispered. "It's crazy how beauty can be found in random places" he said as he moved his head to look at you.

You didn't stop looking at the sky but you could feel him looking at you. Harry slowly slid his hands down your side and placed his fingers within your fingers and closed his hand. You hesitated before closing your hand.