Chapter 19

His lips comforted you. They slowly shaped onto your lips and his kiss was soft and warm. You slowly raised your hand up to his chest and pushed him off to break the kiss.

“Don’t” you whispered with your eyes still closed. “Don’t what?” “Don’t pretend to care, I know how this works” “What are you talking about? I do care”.

You stepped back and looked down for a few moments so you could contain your emotions. “I know how this all ends. The player falls for the good girl, you get the girl to fall in love, then you leave once you are bored. So don’t pretend to like me just because I give you a thrill since I don’t fall for your games”

“Do you hear yourself? You are completely wrong, I mean it when I say I have fallen for you and I only want to be with you”. You ran your hands through your hair and linked them behind your head as you stopped to think

“Harry I forgive you but you just don’t understand” you cried. Harry rushed to hug you but you pulled away. “No I’m not doing this again! I’m not going to open up to a playboy and end up with a broken heart.

Guys have made it impossible to trust again. I promised myself I would never date a guy like you again” you cried out loud as you remembered how mistreated and painful your past relationships were.

“Beyoncé I’m sorry about what you have experienced but you can’t compare me to those jerks” You rolled your eyes “Oh I forgot, you are Harry Styles and you get however you want” “ No you have it all wrong! I’m not that playboy the media makes me out to be.

That persona is nothing close to who I really am!  I can just promise you that I will do everything to make you happy”  “Harry… you don’t even know me” you whispered.

You turned to look at him and his eyes were filled with tears. “I have to go” you mumbled as you made your way back towards the club. “Beyoncé! Wait, I’m not done yet!” he yelled as he jogged behind you.

You saw Niall waiting outside the club and you quickly ran into his arms crying. “Beyoncé we still need to talk” Harry said trying to catch his breath. You pressed your face against Niall’s chest hiding your face from Harry.

“Harry I think it’s better to leave it alone for tonight” Niall said as he held you. “No, Niall we need to clear this up” “Harry please stop. It’s obvious she’s upset so I’m taking her back to the hotel” Niall said as he started walking you towards the taxis.

You laid down in the backseat resting your head in his lap. He played with your hair and didn’t say anything the whole car ride since you were trying to control your tears.  

When you got to the room you laid down and Niall came back with a tea. “Here this will calm you” Niall said. He laid down next to you as you sipped your tea. “ You aren’t going to ask me what happened?” you quietly asked.

Niall pouted his lips and shrugged “No, if you don’t want to talk about it then I won’t bother”.  You stood quiet for a bit. “He told me he likes me” “and what’s wrong with that?” “Niall I’ve been through a lot and Harry doesn’t even know me”

“But that isn’t fair to judge him if you don’t even know him” “So you think I’m wrong?” “I didn’t say you wrong, I’m just saying if you don’t give yourself a chance to let someone into your life how do you expect to change your perspective”.

You stood quiet as his words sunk in. You slid down and to lay next to Niall. You scooted close to him and hugged him. You rested your head on Niall’s arm “I’m sorry I kissed you” “Don’t worry about it although I was violated” he chuckled.

You let out a small chuckle “I love you Niall and I’m so thankful for everything you have done for me” “I love you too and I hope you figure out what’s best for you” he smiled as he kissed your forehead.  

“Can you do one more favor for me?” you whispered. “What?” “Can you stay here with me tonight?” “Of course” he whispered. You two laid there in silence until Niall fell asleep.  You laid there thinking about Harry’s words and about your exes.  

Why can’t I let myself be loved once again?  I can’t deny my feelings forever.