Chapter 49

One and Only Chapter 49

You sat at a table waiting for Harry to show up. After the phone call you text had text him Please meet me at the corner diner. It is really important x

When Harry appeared your face lit up because it was the first time you had seen him alone in weeks. You stood up and he hugged you. When his arms wrapped around you, you closed your eyes and rested your head on his shoulder. 

His grip seemed to tighten and you didn't want him to let go but you two were out so you stepped back. "What happened?" he asked concerned as he sat down. "How are you Harry?" "I'm fine" "No Harry I actually want to know, how are you?" "I'm so tired and annoyed. My schedule is insane just because they want me to stay busy with Kate and not have time for anyone that I actually want to be with. I'm tired of going to all these overrated places just to be seen, it is so obnoxious. I'm not even myself anymore." You reached over the table and took his hand. 

His touched seemed so distant now and more than ever you missed holding his hand. "Harry I'm so sorry about last night. I was way too harsh with you" "No you were right you don't deserve being put aside for my job" "That really doesn't matter I just really miss you and I wanted to let you be free because you don't need the extra responsibility" "But .." 

"Let me finish Harry. You don't know how low I feel whenever I see pictures of you with her because it is a constant reminder how you aren't with me. I don't want to be the blame that you don't do your job correctly. You were told to put your job in front of me and I need to accept it. I love you so much and I don't think I will ever stop loving you" "What are you trying to say?" 

"I text you to meet me here because I wanted to say goodbye" "Goodbye? Where are you going?" "I got a job outside of London and I'm taking the position" "When are you leaving?" Harry's eyes were filled with sadness and tears. " Tomorrow" you whispered. 

"I thought you said we were done running away. I thought I was the reason keeping you here in London, your home" "Harry I'm not running away from you. You are going to be the only person I ever think of" "Then why are you leaving so quickly?" 

"Because I am done torturing myself and you. If we stop forcing this then we can get our lives back together. Plus I haven't found a job here so I have to go" "No, I can pay for your things just don't leave me" "Harry I can't let you do that. You need to stay focused on your career" "No I don't care about that just stay with me" he grabbed your hand in both of his. 

"Harry this isn't debatable. I am leaving tomorrow and when the time is right for both of us I can promise you that we will find each other" "Where are you even going?" "I'm going to America and that's all you need to know" "Please don't go" Harry let out his tears. 

 Seeing him cry made you emotional "Love don't put me in this situation" "Don't you understand that I love you" "I've fallen deeply in love with you Harry but I need to do this for me" "Fine go, I can't stop you" Harry let go of your hand and slouched back on his chair. 

He looked towards the wall and he wiped his eyes with his left hand. "Harry?" "Just go" he said under his breath. You stood up and stared at him but he didn't turn to look back. You leaned in and kissed his cheek, "Bye Harry" you whispered and you walked out of the diner. 

As you walked back to your flat you began to cry because you didn't expect it to be so hard. "Beyoncé" you heard Niall's Irish accent. You turned and saw Niall getting off a taxi. He ran up to you and hugged you. "Why are you crying?" "I talked to him" "Come on let's get in the taxi and we can talk about it at your flat" . 

When you got to your flat he noticed all the boxes. "Is Tessa moving?" "No I am". Niall looked at you confused. "I got a job in America so I'm leaving tomorrow" "So soon?" he seemed a bit sad. "Yeah the sooner the better. Niall please take care of him for me" "Of course I will but why are you leaving so far?" " I applied to so many places but this one wanted me and I am going"