Chapter 17

The past week you had worked in your office and hardly saw the boys. The only contact you had with them is when you text Niall to see what they wanted to eat so you could order it.

Tessa drove you to the airport and your nerves began to grow. You had never been somewhere by yourself, although you were with the boys it was going to be odd spending a month with them. "Don't have too much fun!" Tessa joked as she hugged you.

"I'm going to be working most of the time" "I know but make sure you have fun as well" . Just as you let go of her the boys' suvs pulled up. They tried to get there bags out but they were attacked by paparazzi. "I got to go. I'll see you in a few weeks" .

You rolled you suitcase to check in before going out to help take the bags out. "Hi I'm Beyoncé" "Paul" "Seems like you need a hand there" you smiled. "Yeah. I got this car you can start unloading the other stuff" you nodded and started taking out the bags and you were amazed at how much luggage they all had.

When you were almost done Paul came over and told you to go inside and he would finish it. Once you walked in you saw the boys but you didn't want to walk over there so you decided to call the hotel in New York to confirm the arrival time.

"Beyoncé! Come over here!" Niall yelled. You took a deep breath and made your way to the group. "Hey guys are you excited to go to the US?" you smiled. "We've been there before" Harry said in an icy tone. Louis eyed Harry immediately.

"Umm I am! I can't wait until we go to Florida. I really like Florida" Liam said as though he was trying to make up for Harry's attitude. "I can't wait to go eat! There is so many places fans have been Tweeting me about" Niall said excited. " How about you Beyoncé? Are you excited?" Zayn asked.

"Yeah I can't wait to go to LA. There's always something to do there, plus the weather seems to always be great". "Guys it's time to board" Paul interrupted. You walked behind the boys and eyed Harry.

You still hadn't figured out why Harry being so mean, you get you acted like the typical guy who sleeps with someone and leaves but Harry couldn't be that mad. Once you boarded you took a seat way in the back because you didn't want to deal with anything.

You were looking out the window when you felt someone sit next to you. "You know you can tell me anything right". You didn't turn to look at him "no judgment?" "Beyoncé you know I'm not a judgmental person".

You slowly turned to face Niall. "I lied to you". Niall just stared at you trying to figure out what you were talking about. Before you said anything else you looked over your seat to see if anyone was listening but all the boys were asleep.

" Remember what I told you about Harry's party?". Niall raised his eyebrow trying to think , "about the lad you hooked up with?" "Yes" "What about him?" "Well I wasn't completely honest. It wasn't terrible, probably one of the best nights".

"Okay, but why did you lie about that?" "I guess because I wasn't particularly happy who I spent the night with" " It's alright Beyoncé, at least you never had to see him again". You bit your lip and bowed your head down "I wasn't honest about that detail either" you whispered. "Who was it?" .

You slightly tilted your head to look at Niall "Harry" you whispered. His bright blue eyes grew so much when he heard his name. "Harry? As in this Harry?" he said in disbelief. You nodded your head.

"But how? You two can't even say a word without wanting to kill each other!" "I know, I know. I don't know I felt guilty about the comment I had made because he seemed bothered and next thing I knew I went over to him to apologize but I ended up kissing him instead.

After the little fight with Tiffany he came and found me and I was going to leave but he stopped me. One thing led to another. The following morning I regretted it and sneaked out but he caught up to me but I left either way.

After that he has been so cruel and he keeps accusing me of being some whore" "Is that why you asked if you were slutty?" "Yeah" "So do you like him?" "What? No!" you said not so convinced.

He smiled a bit "Come on now who are you trying to convince?" "How can I like him? He is so annoying!" Niall just observed you smiling. " He is so dumb! I hate the way he smirks and the way he looks at girls trying to make them fall for him. His hair is so big and messy and it's so annoying every time he does that stupid swooping thing to fix it""Seems to me that you are crazy for him" Niall smirked cheekily.

"I'm not, I can't like him" "You could do anything" Niall whispered. "There's no point anyways. Harry hates me" "Harry doesn't hate anyone" "Yeah I forgot he 'loves' everyone" "Harry isn't as bad as you believe. Just talk to him and tell him how you feel"

"But I don't like him and I don't want to" "When you convince yourself about not liking him then talk to him" Niall said. He leaned back and closed his eyes.

You rested your head on his arms and thought about Niall's words.

I can't let myself feel anything for Harry. He is a playboy. I don't want to go through that again. I can't let myself fall for that type of guy again. I don't want to be heartbroken all over again. Niall is the only guy that I had been able to trust ever since the breakup.

Trusting guys is so hard. I promised myself that I wouldn't fall in love again and never depend on anyone anymore. I have to stay focused on my career and stay independent. The only way I could be strong is if I stay within the walls I built. I'm too screwed up to be loved.

You quietly cried and drifted off into sleep since the only comforting thing was Niall's body heat against you.