Chapter 8

The following day went by fairly easy since you had to work with the boys individually. In the morning you went to breakfast with Liam and Louis and got to know each other a bit better.

They talked about their girlfriends which made you think about your own relationship life. The boys seemed to sincerely be in love with their girlfriends and even though it was a challenge to maintain it they put in all the effort.

Maybe work and relationships could mix?  At the studio the boys worked as you went through all the emails management had sent you.

The list of upcoming shows and promotion events were booked for the next five months and you had to book all the hotels and plane tickets.   You worked throughout the day and took a break to bring Zayn lunch when he was in the studio.  

As evening came around you had such a headache from calling different hotels to book the rooms and since of different time zones you had to wait until later to continue booking.

Zayn didn’t say anything once he left because he noticed you laying on the couch. You massaged your temples to calm your headache. About 10 minutes later Niall walked in quite loudly which annoyed you a bit.

You sat up and he observed your grumpy face. “What’s wrong?” you sighed loudly because you knew it wasn’t particularly his fault. “Just filled with loads of work” “I’m sorry. How do the next few months look?” “Hectic” you groaned.

He giggled at the way you sounded. “You look terrible” he laughed. You couldn’t help but smile since you could see your reflection through the laptop.  “You’re too kind” you smiled.

“ I’m sorry but I am trying to be honest”  he giggled. You playfully pushed his hat off his head “Don’t you need to go do something” you said as you observed how red his face was getting from laughing.   “Alright I’ll get to it.

I hope you feel better” he smiled as he got up and went to talk to the producers.  You checked him out as he walked away and you couldn’t stop smiling at how great Niall was with you.   

When you got back to work, you saw the time and groaned because Harry would be arriving soon.  The internet began to slow down as you were booking flights which pissed you off and you began to yell at the laptop.  

You tried to refresh the page since the internet was lagging which caused the page to freeze. You started to furiously pound the keys trying to unfreeze it when Harry walked in. “Whoa take it easy!”.

You didn’t look at him as you continued to do it. “What’s wrong?”  “The stupid internet is being dumb and now my laptop froze!” you said through your teeth.  

“I hope this makes it better” he said as you looked up to see what he was talking about.  Harry was holding your favorite drink from Starbucks and he seemed concerned.

“Oh. Thanks” “You’re welcome! I hope it’s still warm” he smiled at you. You took a sip and felt at ease. “ Just what I needed” you smiled.  Harry seemed quite please. “How did you know what I like?”

“I remembered from the day at Starbucks” he winked as he got up to meet up with Niall and the producers.  

You bit your lip and slightly smiled because it was the first time Harry seemed sincere.  The coffee helped you a lot since the headache seemed to fade and you turned the laptop off since you weren’t going to get anything else done.  

You cleaned up the studio as the boys finished up recording. “That was so sick!” Niall excitedly chanted as Harry followed him out the recording booth.

“Yeah it is coming along quite well” Harry smiled as he fixed his hair. “Beyoncé you really need to hear the track!” Niall quickly said as he saw you sitting down listening to their conversation.

“Maybe I’ll go in Tomorrow to listen” you shyly smiled because you caught Harry looking at you. But his stare seemed different from the other times he had looked at you.  You felt nervous suddenly .

“umm… ugh.. um.. Do you guys want to go eat? I haven’t eaten since the morning” “Yes I’m starving”, Niall eagerly accepted.

Harry seemed to think about it before quietly responding “Nah it’s okay I don’t want to interfere” . You were taken back by his words.

Interfere what?  “What are you talking about? You should come” Niall said. “I just don’t want to intervene and anyways I have a date tonight” he tried to whisper to Niall.  “Fine suit yourself” Niall shrugged as he stood next to you signalling to leave.

“See you Tomorrow” you sadly said to Harry.  As you drove to the restaurant you were quiet thinking about what Harry had said. 

What did he mean intervene? Does he mean come between Niall and I? But we aren’t even together.  Why did it seem like he didn’t want me to know he had a date? 

Why would I care if he had a date or not? As you thought about the situation you seemed to become a bit bothered. 

I can’t be jealous. There is nothing to be jealous about. Harry can do whatever he wants.