Chapter 46

One and Only Chapter 46

You drove Niall home after Harry left. "How are you going to go on the interview today?" you asked Niall since he looked really hung over.

"I'm going to avoid talking unless I have to" "If it is any consolation I had so much fun last night" "Me too but this headache blows. How are you okay?" "I have this amazing guy that looked after me last night and made sure I didn't get a hangover" "I need one of those".

You began to laugh "An amazing guy?" . Niall closed his eyes and turned red "I meant an amazing person to take care of me" "Whoever gets to do that for you is going to be the luckiest girl on Earth" you smiled before pulling into his driveway to his flat.

"Thank you for the ride" Niall leaned over to kiss you on the cheek. "No problem. Good luck on the interview". Before heading home you went to the market and as you walked through the aisles you say some magazines with pictures of Harry and Kate and you laughed at some of the headlines that said they were secretly engaged, they are talking about babies, and how Harry was the one that wanted Kate to work in London so they could be together.

One magazine in particular caught your attention because you and Niall were on it, the story was about you being in a relationship with Niall and that an insider let them know you quit your job to be with Niall.

You skimmed through it and saw some photos of you and Niall from when you first met to recent photos of you two out. How do they get some of these ,you thought since there were pictures of you and him hanging out at his flat.

You put it down since some things were getting blown out of proportions. When you went to check out the cashier was quite young and she looked at you oddly.

"Aren't you the girl who works with One Direction?" "Umm.. used to" "So it's true?" "What?" "That you left your job for Harry" "For Harry? I thought the magazine said Niall" "But my cousin Emily works with them and she said it was quite romantic that you left for Harry".

You didn't know what to say but you just slightly smiled at her. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone. I love what you did" she sincerely smiled. "Thank you" you whispered before grabbing your bags.

When you got home you put away the food except the things you needed for dinner because you wanted to cook Harry something special. You prepared the meat you were going to put in the lasagna and you let it marinate.

Tessa arrived from work and she had a wine with her so she served you a cup and you two sat down to watch the boys' interview. Alan Carr didn't hesitate to ask Harry different things about Kate, which he answered with a smile.

"I don't know how he can look like everything is fine" Tessa said as she sipped her wine. "He is a strong guy". Louis, Liam, and Zayn were asked a few questions about their girlfriends but when it came to Niall who was really quiet everyone was taken by surprise when the picture of Niall kissing your cheek in your car popped up on the screen.

" So Niall is there something you need to tell us?" Alan giggled. All the boys looked at the screen but weren't really expressive. "Umm she's a great friend" "What kind of friend?" Alan poked around. "My best friend" Niall smiled.

"Really? So did you have a 'sleepover' with your 'friend'?"Alan laughed. "I did stay over because I was too wasted to get home, but yeah Beyoncé is a sweet girl. Nothing more than friends" Niall said innocently although it didn't seem that Alan or the audience believe him.

"She's all of our friend. Super sweet girl and we all love her" Liam pointed out. "We all get off really well. She is very special" Harry added. "Well isn't she a lucky gal, all of One Direction love her" Alan laughed before switching to the next topic.

"Rumors" you laughed it off before heading to the kitchen to prepare the lasagna to put in the oven. "Where are the candles?" you asked as you decorated the table. "In the coat closet. Should we save the rest of the win for dinner? " "Yeah it will compliment the pasta perfectly" you shouted as you dug around in the closet.

You set up the table and lit the candles and kept a close eye on the oven. "Tessa can you prepare a salad? I need to get dressed" "I'll just go buy a bag of salad" she said as she grabbed her keys. You changed into a long summer dress and you picked up your hair in a messy bun.

As you did your makeup Tessa returned and emptied the bag into a bowl. When you returned to the kitchen you started to dip the fresh strawberries you bought into chocolate for dessert. You set the tray in the fridge to keep them cool and you turned off the oven when the lasagna was ready.

"This smells amazing" Tessa smiled. "I hope Harry likes it". Your phone vibrated Can't go over tonight. They planned an event for tonight. Sorry xx . You slammed the oven door and went to the table to blow out the candles.

"Are you okay?" "No, Harry just cancelled" "Why?" "He has to appear somewhere with Kate" "I'm sorry hun. What are we going to do with all the food?" "Invite whoever you want. I'm not really in the mood to eat anymore".

You grabbed another glass of wine and took a few strawberries with you to your room. Instead of thinking about Harry you decided to look for a job and you spent most of your night sending your resumes to different places.

You looked at your phone but Harry hadn't sent anything else. You text him Good night love xx Coffee tomorrow? . You turned off the lights and went to bed.

When you woke up Harry and text back late at night I can't tomorrow, my schedule is overwhelming :( I promise to make it up this weekend. Love you xx .

You tossed your phone aside and changed into workout clothes to jog to the nearest Starbucks. There was a crowd of people waiting outside, which seem odd but when you entered Harry and Kate were sitting at a table having a drink.

" Beyoncé!" Harry looked surprised. " Hey? They scheduled coffee dates?" you sat down at the table. "Umm... no. Kate planned the outing" he said a bit embarrassed. "Oh. Well I won't take anymore of your time" you got up and ordered your coffee.

Harry watched you as you waited for your order but you didn't turn to look at them when you walked pass them. You walked to the park and drank your coffee in peace.

I'm so sorry! x How about dinner tonight? Harry text you. It's fine I know you have to do it. Dinner sounds great :) .

You couldn't be mad or jealous because you knew it had to be this way but it hurt being avoided. As the day went by you continued applying for jobs before getting ready. Once 7 p.m. came around you waited on the couch until you heard a knock on the door.

You rushed over and when you opened the door you were surprised to see Niall. "Niall? What are you doing here?" "Umm Harry couldn't make it so he sent me with these flowers" Niall smiled.

"He didn't even have time to tell me ?" you said disappointed. "Beyoncé I'm sorry" "No it's not your fault but he could have at least sent me a simple text" "You know he has a lot of things to do" "I get that, but I don't understand how he didn't take a few seconds to at least say sorry"

"Come on Beyoncé don't get upset, you look so beautiful and it shouldn't go to waste. I'll take you out". You wanted to reject Niall's offer but staying home being miserable didn't seem like the better option either.

The next week passed by slowly and Harry seemed to be mia. You saw him once but he had to leave right away. His text came slower and slower everyday and they normally consisted of him apologizing for cancelling and for broken promises.

Harry sent flowers over all the time with little notes but they didn't make up for his absences.