I don't not love you (what if part 4)

What if... Nini heard Ricky when he confessed in episode 1

---------------------------------------

"The old me had her heart broken, okay, and then she went away and she found herself, and you don't get to show up now, just to try and confuse things" Nini said looking at Ricky all the memories of the summer flooding her mind. "You think that's why I'm here, no Nini, I always believed in you, in us, even if I sucked at showing it. That's why I'm here." Ricky said.

He was planning on continuing with his speech but before he could Carlos came in with a large group of people to post the cast list, and Nini got pulled by Kourtney into the crowd.

"I don't not love you" he mumbled not thinking she would hear it.

"What did you just say" she said, stopping in her tracks and turning to face him.

"I don't not love you" he mumbled again.

"You don't get to do this. You don't get to come here, sing MY song, tell me something I've been waiting years to hear you say, and think everything's going to be perfect. No. You can't tell me you love me and expect me to forget what you did. I'm with EJ now and you need to be able to respect that." Nini ramted

"Look I don't expect you to forgive me. I made a major mistake, but I just want you to know how I feel. You're with Ej, I see that, and you can stay with him and I will respect your decision, but I don't want you to move on with your life not knowing that I love you" He said, "And I understand if you don't want to get back together but I need you in my life. You were my best friend for 10 years before we started dating and there is no one else in the world I trust more than you. So can we atleast go back to being friends, please"

Nini walked up to him not saying a word and wrapped her arms around him and nuzzled her face in his neck. "Friends" She said. He wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him. "Friends"

A few weeks have past and Nini and Ricky are back to being best friends, just like they were back in Freshman year.

One day when Ricky was meant to have a dudes day with his dad, there was a knock on his front door. It was a crying Nini.

"He stole my phone" she cried. Ricky pulled her into his house and let her cry into his chest.

Ricky looked back at his dad and he understood what was going on. He went up the stair to got to his bedroom to give them some alone time.

Ricky guided them over to the couch to let her be more comfortable. "I know something that will make you feel better" he smiled running up the stairs.

When he came back he had a pink hoodie in his hands. Her eyes immediately lit up at the sight. It was Nini's lucky sweatshirt.

It used to be Ricky's favorite hoodie until one day when they were walking in the rain. Nini was cold so Ricky offered her his hoodie. Nini always called it her lucky sweatshirt and refused to give it up. He didn't get it back until the week after they broke up.

She put it on and hugged herself inhaling the scent that was radiating off the hoodie. She turned her attention the the movie Ricky and his dad were watching. She had never felt more at home.

__________________________
This is a mix of a couple of different ideas put together in one story

661 words