Bullied

Nini had to see it everyday

Nini had to see it everyday. Something she never imagined she would have to witness. Ricky with his arm around another girl. And not just any girl, it just so happened to be the one and only Gina Porter.

She couldn't really complain though. She dated EJ. Now she knows why Ricky was always so weird when she was with EJ.

It was just hard to process that the person you love not only doesn't love you, but has feelings for someone else.

Nini was standing at her locker, using the door of the looker to block her view of the happy couple.

"Hey Nini" Gina said, opening Nini's locker more so she could face her. "Hi Gina" she said, mirroring her fake sweetness. 

"Are you going on the Chicago trip" Gina asked. "Of course" Nini said, trying her hardest not to let her emotions take control of her. "Yeah I'm really excited to go on a trip with my boyfriend" she said putting an emphasis on the word boyfriend. "I hope you two have fun" Nini said before walking away.

The trip was two weeks later.

And with Nini's luck she got sat next to Gina and her snide comments.

"He never loved you"

"He chose me"

"I'm better than you in every way"

Nini was just walking around the city when she heard someone yelling at her. "Nini, Nini." She stopped in her spot and turned around. It was Lynne.

"Oh my god, Lynne it's so good to see you" she said hugging her. Lynne had always been like a third mom to her.

"So where's Ricky" Lynne asked. "He's with his girlfriend," Nini whispered not wanting to say it out loud. Lynne gave her a weird look. "Her name's Gina" she said looking at the ground. Lynne could sense something was off.

"Honey, what's wrong" "She hasn't been the nicest to me. She keeps making comments about how she won cause she's dating Ricky and how I'm not, and that he never loved me." Nini said, tears starting to form in her eyes. "Don't listen to her, she's wrong and anyone that would say anything like that is the real loser." Lynne said, wiping her tears.

Ricky and Gina were sitting on a bench at the other side of the park, and saw the entire thing, but forcenayly for Gina they couldn't what they were talking about.

After Nini left Ricky grabbed Gina's hand and walked up to him mom.

"What did you say to her" her asked him mom. She looked Gina up and down before turning back to her son saying "I didn't say anything it was just son pent up emotions. Can I talk to you" she said "alone."

Once they stood away from Gina she could finally say what she wanted to. "Do you now what your girlfriend's doing" she asked her son. "What. How did you even know she was my girlfriend. I didn't introduce you yet" he asked. "You really think Nini would cry from 'pent up emotions' no. Your girlfriend is making her life miserable."

"Gina would never do that" Ricky defended. Lynne rolled her eyes and said "I believe Nini because I know that she wouldn't make something like this up, but if you want to believe someone you met less than a year ago over your mother and best friend of 12 years, then you can do that, but don't come crying to me or Nini when you see that girls true colors" and then she walked away.

Nini ignored Ricky and Gina for the rest of the trip. Every time she was around them she felt like she was getting smaller and smaller until she was completely gone from existence.

They were back at school a week later.

"Hey Kourt" Ricky yelled as he jogged through the hall "Gina said she was going to meet at my locker but she's not there. Do you know where she is"

"Yeah I saw her and Nini going into the auditorium" she said. Ricky gave her a confused look before thanking her and making his way to the auditorium.

When he got there he didn't see them, so he thought that maybe they would be in the backstage area, so that's where he went.

"I can't believe you told Ricky's mom. My boyfriend's mom. He's not your boyfriend anymore. He never loved you, he never will love you, no one will EVER love you. So back off.  And you don't even want to know what will happen if Ricky finds out. I'm just going to keep him around for another week or so, make him hate you, then I can finally go public with Jonah and we don't have to hide under the bleachers when we make out" Gina said.

Ricky could feel his heart actually break. His mom wasn't lying. Gina really was a monster. And she was cheating on him. And all just to hurt Nini.

"What the fuck Gina" Nini said. "I don't care that you're trying to make Ricky hate me, I did most of that myself, and I don't care about the words you say cause most of them are true, but you're really going to do that to Ricky. He's been nothing but amazing to you and your cheating on him. Fuck you"

Gina turned to walk away but was frozen in her spot once she did. "Hi Ricky," she said her face showing her shock.

"Have fun with Jonah cause we're done" Ricky said walking past Gina to embrace Nini.

"I'm sorry for what she did to you. And you are not unlovable, and you are not what she said you are. You are beautiful, inside and out, and you are an amazing person" Ricky said, hugging her.   

"Look at this you just broke up with your girlfriend but here you are comforting me" Nini said chuckling slightly.

"I think this is helping both of us, so let's just stay here" Ricky said and Nini nodded into his chest. This was their safe place.

____________________________

This took way too long to write but here it is.

Also I didn't proof read this so there is probably a lot of mistakes.

1038 words