Apocalyptic Crush (Rini week #3 3)

Ricky is a baseball player, and a pretty good one to say the least. He used to play first base, but he recently got switched to shortstop.  And Nini's favorite activity is to go and watch him play.

Nini usually goes to every single one of his games, but she did have to miss a few when her moms surprised her with a trip to the Philippines.

So when she got back from her trip the thing she was most excited to do was go to one of Ricky's games. She sat close to 3rd base, so she had the best view of where Ricky was playing.

"Oh my god he's so hot" She hears a girl behind her say to one of her friends that were sitting with her. She was blond and her face was caked with 10 pounds of makeup. "Which one" Nini asked as she turned around to talk to them. "The curly headed one in the middle of 2nd and 3rd base" She said. "She's talking about my boyfriend," Nini thought. "and she doesn't even know the name of the position he plays"

"Oh really. Do you think he likes you" Nini asked. She knew the answer but she wanted to see what she would say. "He definitely does," she said confidently. "He's never even looked in your direction" one of her friends points out. "Shut up" she said to her friend. "That sounds like Ricky," Nini thought.

"Doesn't he have a girlfriend" one of the girls' other friends asked. "I mean yeah, but I don't care. I know that if he had the chance to be with me he would drop her in a heartbeat." she said. "I've been watching him play for about a month, but today is the day that I'm going to ask him out"

Nini wanted to laugh. She wanted to tell the girl that he was her boyfriend, and that even if she wasn't he would still never be into her. But instead she said, "Good luck" and turned back to watch the game.

When the game was done Ricky went over to his team to celebrate the win with them for a few minutes before making his way over to where Nini was sitting.

"Look. look, he's coming over here. I told you he liked me." the girl behind Nini said.

"Hi babe" Ricky said, pulling Nini into a hug. "You did amazing baby" she said, making sure to say it loud enough so the girls could hear her. 

"You ready to go" Ricky asked as they pulled away from the hug. "Yep" she said, grabbing his hand, and he led them down the field and back to where Ricky's stuff was.

As they were walking away Nini looked back at the group of girls, all of them in shock. The blond girl had a face that looked like a mix of shock, confusion, and absolute terror at the fact that she was talking to the b's girlfriend the whole time. Nini gave them a little wink and continued walking with Ricky.

______________________

Sorry it's kinda short, I didn't have much time to write.

567 words