The Kidnapping

Nini woke up in a dark, empty room. She didn't recognize where she was. It was like she was taken some where. Then all the memories started flooding back to her:

She was walking home from Ricky's house. They had become closer after her break up with EJ, and she spent almost every afternoon at his house. But when she was walking home that day she heard a car pull up close to her. Then she felt a weird pain in her head, and her vision went black. The next thing she remembers is walking up being tied to a chair in an empty room.

Then she noticed something in the room. It was a covered window. She didn't know where it lead, but she knew that was her only way to get out. But how, she was tied to a chair, in the middle of the room, with no easy way out.

That night about 3 hours after Nini had left Ricky got a call from Dana one of Nini's moms. She was crying when he answered the phone. "what's wrong" Ricky asked obviously very worried.  "N-n-nini, sh-she's been t-taken" Dana stuttered out. "What.. what happened, what can I do to help?" Ricky said very quickly still is shock. "The neighbor saw most of it. Apparently some one pulled up behind her while she was walking, and he grabbed her and put her in his car." The neighbor the call 911 and us." Dana said still crying. "Wait she was walking. I knew I should have walked her home today" Ricky said in a frustrated tone. 'It's all my fault. Nini could be gone for ever, and it's all my fault. If I was just a little less lazy maybe she wouldn't be gone. If only I had been a decent person and walked her home maybe I would be her sitting on the floor of my bedroom crying over the fact that the love of my life is gone and I may never see her again.'

Nini was sitting there thinking of a way to get out when a man walked into the room she was in. It was a man she had never meet before, or at least she doesn't remember meeting him. Right as he walked in she realized a rip it the ropes she was tied in. "How was your sleep" He said in a creepy tone. She didn't say anything. "I'll be back later, for dinner" he said staring at her in the most menacing way. Once he left she pulled at her ropes on her hands until they broke. She then quickly untied her legs and ran to the window. When she climbed through the window she realized she was in the middle of the woods. She didn't care. She just started run in one direction hoping to find a way out.

Ricky skipped school the next day. He had spent the last few hours just crying. Nini's moms had set up a search party for the day after her abduction, and Ricky joined them. They had spent hours looking in a group before they decided to all split up and look on their own. Ricky was sent to the eastern half of the area. "NINI!!! ..... NINI!!!" he screamed while making his way into he forest. He had spent hour looking with no sign of Nini.

He was about to give up when he saw a shadow in the distance. "NINI!!!" he screamed louder then he even knew he could, running towered the shadow. When he finally got a look at the girls face he was able to confirm to himself that the girl really was Nini. "Nini" he said runner faster towered her. When he got to her the first thing he did was engulf her in a hug. She returned the hug crying. "Nini...! Nini your here... your not gone" he said out of breath continuing to hug her. When they were done with their hug they walked back to the meeting point as the sun was about to set.

At the meeting point everyone had given up on the search, and were waiting for Ricky to give up too. But when they saw Nini their faces immediately lit up as they all ran to hug Nini. They stayed in a group hug for a second before they dispersed and started asking Nini a million questions. "Hey guys leave Nini alone she needs space" Ricky said sternly. Everyone stopped silently agreeing with Ricky and walked away giving Nini some much needed space. "Thank you" Nini said as she started to cry again. Ricky hugged her. It was a gentile hug, but it was exactly what Nini needed, a thing that felt like home.

"Can you stay at my house tonight" Nini asked into his chest. "I just don't want to be alone right now" "Of coarse, anything that will help you feel more comfortable" Ricky said planting a kiss on her head. He realized after thinking he lost Nini, that his love for her never really went away. And he never want it to, because he wanted her. 'But right now she needs a friend, a lot more then she needs a boyfriend' He thought. Ricky and Nini walked over to Nini's moms. They were still very shaken up about what had happened in the past 24 hours. "Can Ricky spend the night tonight. I'd just feel a lot more comfortable if he was there with me" Nini asked still teary eyed. "Of coarse honey" Carol said "Anything you need just let me know" she said quickly squeezing her hand.

When they got to Nini's house Nini grabbed Ricky's hand and let him to her room. "Mom, Ricky and I will be in my room. I just need a little time to myself for a second." She said slightly yelling. "Okay honey" Dana said happy Nini was home safe and sound.

When Nini got to her room she pulled Ricky completely into her room and closed the door. She then turned and hugged him tightly crying yet again. "Oh Nini you don't need to cry I've got you" Ricky said on the verge of tears as well, but he refused to let himself cry. He knew he need to be strong for Nini. "I'll never let anything like that happen to you ever again. I promise" He said whispering the I promise in her ear. They stayed like that for about 30 minutes. Just sitting in each others embrace. "How about we go down stairs and get us something to eat. Then we can come back up her and watch a movie" Ricky suggested pulling away from the hug. "Okay" Nini practically whispered.

When they went downstairs they found Carol cooking Nini's favorite meal, blueberry pancakes. Nini sat down and ate quietly not talking to anyone. Ricky understands that she wants to be alone, but he still puts his hand on her back and rubs little circles in it, just to reminder her that she has friends and family she can turn to.

The more Nini sits with only her and her thoughts, she could remember more about what happened when she was in that room. She was starting to remember all the things he said and did to her. When Ricky rubbed her back it brought her back to reality. It reminded her that all that was over, and she was home now.

When they finished dinner Nini and Ricky went back to Nini's room. Nini sat on her bed, her legs pulled to her chest, and her hands rapping around her legs, slightly rocking. She was about to start crying again. It was like she couldn't control it anymore, she just need to let it out. Ricky pulled up Disney+ and turned on Lemonade mouth, she always loved that movie. He then moved to sit on her bed with her. He pulled her into his chest until she a done crying. When she stopped crying they moved to a move comfortable position, of them laying down with his arm over her shoulder and her head on his chest. That's how they fell asleep

____________________

Part 2?? (I have an idea)

This one is longer then the one shots I have been post recently. i hope you enjoyed it. I started writing this 2 days ago then I procrastinated writing it until now, when I wrote it in like 30 minutes.

(P.S. Thank you so much for 10k read.
This book literally hit 5k reads 5 days ago and now we already hit 10k. It means the world to me to know that you enjoy my crapy writing, so thank you)

1404 words