New Student (Rini week #3 2)

East high is known as Salt Lake's best school for music and dance. And fortunately for Ricky, his new stepmom, Jenn, works there.

Ever since Ricky's parents got divorced he had been living with his mom. He had bounced around from school to school, but he just couldn't seem to stay at one school for more than a year without getting in major trouble.

So his mom decided it would be best if he lived with his dad and his new step mom Jenn.

Ricky walked into East High on his first day and was immediately overwhelmed. There were so many new faces and new emotions, but he knows he can't get too attached since he'll probably be at a new school by this time next year.

He walks into his first period, and of course it just has to be the one class that his stepmom teaches, songwriting.

He walked into class and took a seat in the very back, ignoring the smile Jenn gave him. They made a deal the night before that they wouldn't talk about the fact they were related at school.

"Hello Juniors and welcome back to songwriting class. So as you probably already know I always start off the year with a pairs assignment to get rid of all the rust people might have created over the break. So the pairs are: Julie and Luke, Alex and Willie, Ashlyn and Red, Gina and EJ, Kourtney and Reggie, and Nini and Ricky." Jenn said and everyone moved to sit next to the person they were paired with.

"I'm Nini," Nini said, putting her hand out for him to shake, and smiling at him. "Ricky" he said, no emotion in his voice. "So when do you want to work on the song" she asked. "You busy after school," he suggested. "Sure, do you want to do it at your house" she asked.

"No, no, no, no, no. We can't do it at my house" he said, his eyes going wide. "Okay my house it is then" she said, right before the bell rang. "Put your number in and I'll text you my address," Nini said and gave him her phone so he could give her his number. And he does.

"You know you're a pretty cool guy" Nini said when they were done writing, "And you're probably one of the best songwriters I've ever met." "That means a lot coming Ms. Jenn's star student," he said, smiling at her for the first time.

"Nini can I talk to you after class for a moment" Ms. Jenn asked as the bell rang. "Sure," Nini said, standing up and walking to her desk. "Ms. Jenn am I in trouble" she asked.

"No, not necessarily, but I have been noticing your been spending quite a lot of time with Mr. Bowen, and I just wanted to say that I want you to stop hanging out with him" Ms. Jenn said. "He's been kicked out of multiple schools, and I don't want this one to be added to that list meaning Ricky is allowed no distractions this year, not even you."

"I understand," Nini said, but in reality she was extremely confused.  

"Hey what did Ms. Jenn wanted to talk about" Ricky asked, but Nini didn't answer and just started walking faster down that hallway.

Ricky kept following her until Nini was almost at her door, "What is going on with you, why are you ignoring me" he asked, and she sped and turned around.

"Ms. Jenn told me about you getting kicked out of a lot of schools and I don't want to be the distraction that gets you kicked out of another one" she said, before getting in her car and driving away.

Nini came back to school an hour later because Ashlyn texted her and asked for her help to  reorganize the backstage area when they suddenly heard two people burst through the doors into the auditorium and start yelling.

"What is your problem" a male voice, that sounded a lot like Ricky yelled. "I am sick and tired of your attitude young man" the other person who they assumed of Ms. Jenn said.