Royal Pains

Prince Richard. It was a name known all around the world. I mean he was a prince, and the royal family have been the most well known people to ever walk the earth since the 10th century.

But he wasn't just a prince. He was a very attractive prince, and considered the most eligible bachelor at the moment. Every girl wanted a chance to be the next Queen.

Oh, did I not mention that. Yeah, besides being extremely attractive, the prince, he is also the next in line to the throne. The next king. Who wouldn't want to date the future king, especially if he looks like that.

Richard also has a gorgeous younger sister who he is very close with. Of course they are going to be close, they live in an enormous palace with only them, their parents and the people that work at the palace.

They were also close for another reason. Their parents. They didn't have a good marriage.  Actually that was an understatement. They had a terrible marriage. They were constantly fighting and refused to even be close to each other. They even had separate rooms in the palace, so they didn't have to sleep near each other.

But there was one big difference between them. She was their parents favorite. They always agreed with her. They always did whatever she wanted. She was perfect in their eyes, and he was the disappointment.

The thing was she never saw herself as above him. She saw him as her big brother that was always there to protect her. He was there to pick her up when she fell down and bring her back down to earth when she got a little too big headed.

Nini, on the other hand, wasn't well known at all. She was just a normal girl, who went to a normal school, in a normal town.

She was a singer, and performed at a lot of the coffee shops around her hometown, but she wasn't that known. A couple people would come to hear her sing but it was usually just the people that were already there.

She never could have imagined who she would soon run into at one of her performances.

Richard wanted a break from prince-ing, so he decided he would take a break and head to town. "Hey Mary, I'm gonna go get some coffee. Do you want to come" He asked his sister. "How could I say no to free coffee" she said, getting up and sprinting out of the room to get ready.

He noticed her immediately. How could he not. There was a beautiful girl, with a beautiful voice.

I hope your happy
but not like how you were with me
I'm selfish I know
I can't let you go
So find someone great
But don't find no one better
I hope your happy
But don't be happier

And those lyrics were beautiful too. Everything about her was beautiful.

Richard was speechless. He was frozen in his spot. He couldn't function. All he could do was stare at her.

Soon his sister broke him out of his trace. "Richard your staring" she said waving her hand in front of his face. "What" he said, shaking his head. "You were staring at that girl that's singing" she laughed, pushing his sunglasses back up the bridge of his nose. They always have to wear them when they go out so they get recognized less.

After gaining back his composer he went to the counter to order. After placing his order for a medium black coffee, he turned around and immediately ran into someone.

The singer.

Not only did he run into her he also made her drop everything she was holding in her hands, and made his glasses fall off his face.

"Oh um you dropped- oh, OH-" she started saying before she was cut off by Richard putting his hand over her mouth. "I will give you literally anything you want if you don't scream my name" He said slowly removing his hand from her month, and placing his glasses back on his face, trying not to be recognized more than he already has.