The Malfunction

Every one on the day that they are born are given a small watch like device. This device is a soulmate tacker. I pings whenever your soulmate is within 10 yards of you, and when you met your soulmate it stops pinging and displays that persons name.

Ricky was a normal kid. He got his device when he was born and wore it every day. His devise had never gone of, at least not before his first day of sophomore year. There was a new girl at East high. Her name was Gina.

He went to math class one day, and Gina walked in. His device buzzed. He looked around to see if there was anyone else that was new in that class. He didn't see anyone. 'The new girl is my soulmate?' he thought. After class was over he went over to talk to her. That was the start of a very large adventure. The adventure of him and his soulmate.

Nini was a normal girl as well, but she met her soulmate a lot earlier than Ricky. Her soulmate was EJ, her neighbor. They met when they were 7 and had been together ever since. When they started "dating" they didn't really understand what relationships were, but they older they got the more they were able to understand.

Ricky went to the same cafe everyday to do his homework. He sat in the same booth, and order the something. Everything was always the same. Until one day it wasn't.

A new girl walked into the cafe. He suddenly heard a sound he hadn't heard in 2 years. The sound of his device. Nini's went off too.

She immediately ran out of the cafe and ran to EJ's house. He opened the door and greeted her with a kiss. Nini quickly pulled away. "I think we need to talk" she said sounding very serious as she walked into his house. "My device broke" she said sit next to EJ o the couch. "You're not my soulmate anymore." she said tears starting to fall down her face. "I know" he said calmly. "I met my new soulmate last month." "What?" she said tears starting to fall faster. "Why didn't you tell me" "I just didn't want to end what we have" he said with no emotion in his voice. "I think I should go" Nini said standing up and walking out the door.

Ricky sat there in shock as he saw the girl run out of the cafe. 'She must have heard it too' he thought. 'How did this happen Gina's my soulmate not her.' After being stuck in his thoughts for awhile he divided to go back to his homework.

Nini  decided to go back to the cafe and find he new soulmate. Maybe they could help her with her broken heart. 'How could EJ do this to me. How could he hide this from me. This is a big deal he should have talked to me the second he found out about this. I hate him. Then why does it hurt so much' she thought as she was walking back.

When she got there there was one boy who caught her eye. He was sat in a booth in the corner of the cafe doing homework. Nini decided to go and introduce her self. "Nini" she said reaching out her hand for a handshake. "Ricky" he said taking her hand in his and shaking it. Sparks flew the second their hands touch. It was like nothing either of them had experienced with EJ or Gina, it was real.

They both looked at their devices and they had in-fact changed to now show the other person's name. They stayed in silence for a while both trying to understand what just happened. "Do you want to get out of here and get to know each other?" Ricky asked breaking the silence. "Yeah, I'd like that" she replied smiling. Ricky quickly grabbed her hand interlocking it with his before leading her out of the cafe and to his car.

They drove around talking for hours. They realize how much they had in common. They both love to song-write and sing. They both love old Disney moves. And they both have a very similar sense of humor.

"You know your a lot different then I thought you'd be" Ricky said pulling into Nini's driveway. "How did you think I would be?" She asked curiously. "Well I guess I thought out would be a lot more stuck up. I mean with EJ Caswell as your soulmate and all. But I was pleasantly surprised." "Oh really" Nini said cheekily looking into his eyes. "Your a really great person Nini" he said returning her gaze. She didn't reply she just leaned in and joined their lips. It was the most maniacal kiss either of them had ever experienced. It wouldn't have surprised them if you literally see the fireworks that were admitted during the kiss.

That became their usually routine. Go to the cafe to do homework and just hang out. Then drive around town before dropping the other one off at their respective house.

You could say they were happy that there devices malfunctioned.

___________________________

I updated yay!!!
Sorry I have been sick recently so I haven't been able to write much. I would like to say a very big thank you for 25k reads it really means so much it me that people take time out of their  day to read these stories. So thank you!!!!

926 words