Brother's Best Friend

Nini and EJ, the Salazar-Roberts kids

Nini and EJ, the Salazar-Roberts kids. They were both adapted by their lovely moms 16 and 17 years ago respectively and have been one big happy family ever since.

Nini and EJ have always been really close. They always go to each other for advice or if they need comforting.

Nini has a best friend. Her name is Kourtney. She loves fashion and beauty, and is one of the kindest people you will ever meet.

EJ also has a best friend. His name is Ricky. Ricky Bowen. He loves skateboarding and playing guitar. But he wasn't just EJ's best friend, he was also Nini's longtime crush.

Ricky liked her too, but both of them were too scared to tell each other.

Ricky was staying at the Salazar-Robert's house. Him and EJ were sitting in the living room watching a movie when Nini came in the front door, coming back from rehearsals.

"Hey Nini, do you want to join us we're watching Captain America," EJ asked her. Nini looked at him and then looked at the boy sitting next to him before replying "Umm.. sure" she said taking the open seat on the couch, which just so happened to be next to Ricky.

They were about half way through the movie when someone's phone rang. It was EJ's. "I'll be right back. I have to take this" he said before answering the phone and walking out of the room and into the kitchen.

Nini and Ricky awkwardly sat there. Nini kept finding herself looking at him, but whenever he would look back at her she would look away. And when she looked back at him he would look away.

"Oh fuck it" Ricky said putting his hand on her cheek, pulling her into a slow, sweet kiss. When they pulled away Nini kept her eyes closed. She never wanted this moment to end.

When she did finally open her eyes she was met with his. Her face immediately turned into a large grin.

"I like you Nini" he said looking at her in the eyes. "I-" Nini was about to admit her feelings too but she was stopped when her brother came back in the room.

"Meet me in my bedroom after EJ goes to sleep, I think we need to talk about what just happened" Nini whispered in his ear.

"I'm tired so I'm gonna head up to sleep," she announced as the movie finished. "Okay we'll probably head to bed soon too." EJ said and Nini made her way up the stairs to her bedroom.