Voicemail

"Hey it's Ricky, you know what to do"

"Hi Ricky, It's Nini, but you probably knew that, um yeah. I don't really know why I'm calling you, and I don't know why I was surprised I got sent to voicemail, it's not like you were going to answer, but for some reason I was still hoping you would. The funeral was today. I miss you. I still remember the last funeral I went to. It was Lola's, you sat next to me and held my hand during the service and afterwards you stayed at my house for days just holding me while I cried. I really need that right now. I really need you hugs. I guess it was just my first instinct to call you when I need comforting. I can't bring myself to take my ring off. It feels like if I did I'd have to admit that you're really gone. I'm really sorry about that day. I'm just so selfish and lazy, I should have been the one to go to the store to get that stuff, it wasn't even that important it was just my stupid pregnancy cravings. If only I had gone to the store, or even just waited to let you go you wouldn't have gotten hit by that drunk driver, and you'd still be here. You'd still be here when she's born, and for her first steps and first words, and then when she's all grown up you could walk her down the aisle. You would have been the best father. We're gonna miss you, and I'm gonna make sure she knows who her father is and what a great man he was. Goodbye Ricky, I'll see you in heaven."

________________________
I wrote this in study hall a few days ago but didn't know if I wanted to post it because it's kind of sad, but here it is.

317 words