Forgotten

Nini was sitting on her bed thinking of what to get Ricky for their 2 year anniversary, when she got the call

Nini was sitting on her bed thinking of what to get Ricky for their 2 year anniversary, when she got the call. The call that her boyfriend, Ricky, had been hit by a drunk driver while driving on interstate 40. It was the worst news she thought she would ever hear, until they told her one more thing. Ricky had lost his memory. That was the worst news she would ever hear.

He wouldn't remember their walks in the park, or their long talks after movie nights, or the fact that she exists at all.

She decided to stay away from him for a little while. It was hard for her to see him, and think about all their memories together but know he will never remember any of them.

It took her about 10 days to work up the courage to come see him. When she finally did see him all the pain she thought she would have was there. She sat down next to him in his hospital bed, and held his hand. "I know you don't remember me, but I'm Nini" she said smiling though her tears. "I just want to let you know that I love you." With those 3 words everything started to come back to Ricky. The little girl from kindergarten, his ex girlfriend, his current girlfriend, all their memories came back to him. He smiled "I love you too Nini. And I do remember you, I couldn't forget your cute face for too long" She just hugged him overjoyed by what he had just told her. He was back, and he was back to stay.

_____________________

I should be doing homework but instead I wrote this. Sorry it's on the shorter side but I thought this would be a good way to write the prompt.

319 words