Run Away (Rini week #3 7)

Princess Nini, otherwise known as Nina the future queen. Most people think they know everything about Nina, she was a public figure and most of her life was reported on by the media, but there was one thing she hid, not just from the media from her parents.

Her secret goes by the name of Ricky Bowen.

When they met Nina was only 2 years old. Ricky was the son of one of the worker families. They usually don't hire people with children under 12 so that the children can work too, but the Salazar-Roberts made an exception for the Bowens. Carol knew she had to hire Lynne from the second she started talking to her in her interview. The Bowens got the job with the promise that their 3 year old son would work when he got old enough, and stay out of everyone's way until he can work.

The day the Bowen's moved in was the first day Nina and Ricky met. Since neither of them knew how to talk very well it was a very weird first meeting for the two, but as time passed and their speaking skills got better they slowly started becoming really good friends.

Being the only two kids in the palace, Nina and Ricky started to get really close and would always spend time together while Ricky's parents were working. Nina and Ricky were 6 and 7 respectfully when Dana, Nina's other mom, asked to see Ricky in her office.

"Ricky," Dana said as Ricky sat in the chair across from her. "You've been here for 4 years now, and I love having your parents work, and I love having you here as well, but I need to respectfully ask you to stay away from Princess Nina. When your parents were hired they promised that you would stay out of everyone's way, that includes Nina, she has business she needs to start soon. She's a Princess and you're a worker, she doesn't need you holding her back anymore, so if you could please stay away from Nina, that would be greatly appreciated"

"Yes Queen Dana, I'll stay away" he said, before quickly leaving her office and going back to the empty room in the palace that him and Nina were playing in.

"We can't play anymore," Ricky said as he walked up to Nina. "What why" the little six year old girl asked.

"Your mommy says we can't anymore" he said, a small pain forming in his chest as everything started to sink in. "No more Nina + No more kids in the palace = loneliness and boredom for the next 5 years " he thought, the pain in his chest getting a little stronger.

"Will you still smile at me when I see you in the hallways" she asked, her eyes glassy with tears. "Always Nina, always" he said. He gave her a quick hug before running out of the room, to where him and his parents lived on the other side of the palace.

Ricky knew enough about feeling to know that this wasn't a physical pain he was feeling. That day was the day Ricky learned the pain of a broken heart, but he didn't know what that was. All he knew was that he hated the way this pain felt.

It had been two years of only smiles across the room between Ricky and Nina. Two years of staying away from each other. Two years of missing each other. Both of them had never been in more pain.

Ricky was sitting in his room one day when one of the butlers for the Princess walked into his room and handed him a note.