The Showcase (Rini week #2 2)

To Nini the musical was amazing and getting back together with Ricky was even better

To Nini the musical was amazing and getting back together with Ricky was even better. For the last few of the musical all Nini could think about was Ricky, so when the musical was over and Ricky had finally told her he loved her, she was happier than ever.

She told Ricky about YAC right after she was offered the spot. She wanted to be completely honest with him about the school.

Ricky told her to follow her dreams and that they would be able to work through any distance. So that's what Nini did. She packed up her stuff, said goodbye to all her friends and family and moved to Denver to go to her dream school.

 She packed up her stuff, said goodbye to all her friends and family and moved to Denver to go to her dream school

"The showcase is Thursday and I'm so nervous." Nini said when they were on facetime near the end of the school year. "I wish I could see you perform." Ricky said. "I wish you could too. And my moms but they have to visit my Lola."

"I miss you," Ricky said. "I miss you more" she responded. "When's the next time I can see you" he asked "I need Nini hugs" he pouted. "The next break I have is summer break, you know that" she said. "I know I just miss you. The last time I saw you was spring break and that was almost 2 months ago."

They talked for another few hours before Nini needed to go to bed. And once they got off facetime Ricky had a plan.

He was going to surprise Nini at her showcase. Now all he had to do was convince his dad to let him go.

"Dad you know how we have Friday off of school" Ricky said as he walked into the kitchen. "Yes" his dad said hesitantly, knowing Ricky wants something. "Is there any way you could let me have Thursday off too" he said sweetly.

"And why do I need to let you out of school on the day," Mike said. "Because Thursday is the day of Nini's showcase." Ricky said, starting to get tired of having to explain everything. "And you need the day off on the day of Nini's showcase because" he said, continuing to purposely annoy Ricky.

"I want to go to Denver on Thursday to sunrise Nini for her showcase," Ricky said, raising his voice. "So you want me to let you skip so you can hang out with your girlfriend"

"Not skip school, be let out a day early. And I'm not just gonna hang out with her, I want to go to her showcase because Dana and Carol can't. And you've seen how much I miss her, please let me go. I'll drive back on Sunday and be ready for school on Monday." he said. "Fine you can go, but you have to call or text me every hour on your drive to update me, on the way there and on the way back." Mike said. "Thank you so much," he said with a smile forming on his face.

Ricky woke up at 8am on that Thursday. The showcase was at 6pm and it was an 8 hour drive to Denver from Salt Lake City.

After stopping and getting a coffee for the road Ricky started the drive to Denver.

When Ricky got there it was 5:30pm. The show started in 30 minutes so he made his way to the auditorium on the campus. He found a seat close enough to the age that he can see it, but far enough away that Nini won't be able to see him.

Ricky found the show quite boring, he kept waiting for Nini tern.

"And next performing an original song: Nini Salazar-Roberts." the announcer said. Nini walked to the center of the stage and sat in front of the keyboard somebody had brought out.

Your hand on my leg
Under the oil painted sky
The wind blowing threw our hair
On the 405
Traffics at a standstill
It's LA, what'd you expect
We're listening to zeppelin
Your kissing me neck
You cradle me in your arms
In dark in the back
We're looking at the stars
The moon's the cheshire cat
And your parents can probably see from the window
They say "they're just kids oh what the hell do they know"
Scared
I love you so much i'm scared
Cause they say young loves a loss
Or it's a lesson
Here
I always want to be here
My heart is telling me we're gonna be the exception

Everyone clapped, but no one clapped as loud as Ricky.

When the show was over Ricky made his way backstage to where Nini was. There was a large crowd of students, but after a few seconds of searching he found Nini and made his way over to her.

When he walked up to her he back was facing her. "You looked cute up there," he said. "Thank you but I have a-" she said, turning around. "-BOYFRIEND" she screamed a little too loudly when she relished who was talking to her, and she jumped into his arms, and wrapped her legs around his waist.

"Why are you here" she asked into his neck. "You looked sad when you said no one would be here when you performed, so I asked my dad and he let me drive down here to surprise you," he said. "I love you" she whispered. "I love you too," he said. They stayed in that hug for a while, then Ricky gently set her down.

The weekend was filled with campus tours, picnics, and kisses.

The day Ricky had to leave was a sad one. "Why can't you just stay for a few more weeks" Nini said, tears flowing down her face. "I promised my dad I'd be back for school tomorrow. Plus you're done with school in 4 weeks and then we have the entire summer together." Ricky said, his eyes watering up.

Ricky looked at her tear stained face and said, "The more you cry the less I want to leave." "Good they're working" she said laughing and pointing at her tears.

He leaned down and kissed her. "Okay I have to go now" he said, pulling away. "One more" she asked. He laughed and kissed her again quickly.

He then got in his car and drove home, after one of the best weekends he has had in a while.

___________________________

Day 2!!!

1073 words