82; emetophobia

emetophobia - the fear of vomiting
Roonie's POV

My eyes flickered open and I immediately turned on my side and threw up in the little trash bin beside Grayson's bed. I felt Grayson's large hand rub my back before holding my hair back.

"Let it out, babe," he said tiredly. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and took in a few deep breaths before turning back to the trash bin and throwing up again.

"I hate morning sickness," I said. I picked up my phone and checked the time. It was 6 in the morning. "I need to get ready for work."

I sat up and immediately felt lightheaded. I was in week 5 of pregnancy. After finding out I was pregnant, Grayson and I went to the doctor's office and made sure. They told me I was 5 weeks in. I sighed and rubbed at my temples.

"Why couldn't guys be the one to get pregnant?" I groaned. Grayson chuckled and I looked down at him. His arms were crossed behind his head and he looked up at me. His hair was all messy and his eyes were puffy from just waking up.

"What do you think the gender of the baby is gonna be?" He asked softly.

"I'm leaning more towards a boy right now."

"I really want a girl. I'll be happy regardless of the gender, but I really want a girl." I smiled. He rolled over and placed his head next to my stomach. "I love you, baby."

I smiled as he gently grazed over my stomach with his thumb.

"I know you're the size of an Appleseed right now and you don't have ears yet, but if your soul can hear me... I love you so so much. And I can't wait to hold you." He kissed my stomach.

-

"V, you haven't touched your lunch yet. Are you okay?" Dennis asked.

"I'm not feeling this lunch. I'm really craving some pancakes." I sighed.

"Pancakes?" I nodded. "You look a little pale, Roo. Are you sick?"

I smiled. "You can't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you."

"Okay."

"I'm pregnant," I whispered softly.

"What? Veronica, congrats!" He leaned over and gave me a tight hug. "How many weeks?"

"Five."

"Wait, Grayson knows right?"

"Yeah."

"Girl, that's amazing! Also, you get pregnant very easily."

"I know. I don't know how it happens. We use protection every time." Dennis laughed.

"Does Amanda know?"

"Yeah, I let her know, but I don't want anyone else to know."

"Ugh, I'm so excited. Sean is probably super excited too, huh?"

"He is. He won't stop talking about it."

Grayson's POV

I walked around the store and looked at rings.

"And this one is 40 carat," Phil, the store owner, said. I looked at the gigantic ring.

"I'm just looking for something small right now. It's really just an engagement."

"Oh, well, follow me." I followed him over to another section of rings. "These are our engagement rings and our smaller rings. All 1 carat."

I looked through the rings. One immediately caught my eye. It was small diamond solitaire ring and everything about it screamed Roonie.