30; proditiophobia

proditiophobia: the fear of being betrayed
Roonie's POV:

I sat on a bench and waited for Grayson. There were currently 5 security guards fighting off the large crowd and trying to get Grayson away from it.

My phone buzzed and I looked down.

Lucas Johnson: professor adams just changed the due date for the project. she extended it to next week

I sighed and turned off my phone.

"Wait! I need to find Roonie!" Grayson yelled as he was being lead to a golf cart.

I sat there and watched him. He could easily text me right now instead of going through all this trouble.

"Grayson!" I yelled. But there were a thousand other people  screaming his name at the same time.

I watched and sighed. Just call me, you idiot-

"Ms. Carter?" I looked up to see a tall man wearing a security outfit.

"Yes?"

"I'm gonna need you to follow me." I nodded and followed him past the large crowd of people who all noticed it was me and began calling out to me.

"There you are," Grayson said with a sigh of relief as I hopped into the golf cart next to him.

"I was sitting on a bench waiting for you."

"Roonie, I'm sorry-"

"Can we please talk about this later? I'm not in the mood to talk about this right now."

He just nodded and sighed before facing away.

-

"Can we talk about it now?" Grayson asked as we drove home.

"Grayson, I'm tired."

I was tired. It had been a bad day to start with and got worse and worse.

"Roonie, I'm sorry." He looked over at me and reached for my hand while driving with his left.

"It's okay. You have nothing to be sorry for, Gray."

"I shouldn't have snapped. We've been together for 2, almost 3 years now and I should know how much school means to you. It was my fault."

"It's fine..."

He sighed and raised my hand to his lips. Placing a kiss on my knuckles, with his eyes focused on the road.

-

"I feel like you're still mad," Grayson said while sitting on my bed.

"I'm not," I said while looking through my closet for something to wear.

"I know, but the way you're talking makes it seem like you are."

"I'm not mad, Grayson."

"Can you please tell me why you're mad?"

"Grayson, for the thousandth time, I'm not mad. So, can you please stop pushing it?"

I groaned and rolled my eyes. He just sat there.

"Is there anything I can do?" He asked.

"I think you've done enough today."

He sat there quietly while I pulled my shirt off and looked for a comfy one to wear. After a moment of silence, I felt his warm arms wrap around my waist. His lips placed soft kisses on my bare shoulder.

"I'm sorry for dragging you to Santa Monica," he said softly. "I had this huge surprise planned for you and I ruined it."

"Grayson, it's okay," I said holding his hand with my right hand and my left hand reaching up to play with his hair.