10; pistanthrophobia

Pistanthrophobia: the fear of trusting people due to prior negative experiences with romantic partners

-

Roonie's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Grayson hadn't left yet and he was still sleeping soundly. I groaned and reached over him hitting the dismiss button. I stayed propped on my elbow and stared at his handsome features.

He had soft nicely tanned skin and his eyelashes looked beautiful while he was asleep. His pink lips partially parted letting out soft breaths.

I slipped out of bed letting him sleep. I walked out of the room with a towel and clothes and quickly showered and got ready.

...

I walked into the room, my hair damp as I dried it with a towel. Being sure not to make any noise, I searched the closet for my shoes.

I sat down at the end of the bed and quickly slipped them on.

I felt a hand around mine and I turned to see Grayson smiling before pulling me on top of him.

I laughed.

"Grayson, I need to get ready for school."

"It's okay. School doesn't start for another hour and you're already mostly ready."

I lied on top of his body, my ear pressed against his chest so that I could hear his heart beat. I rubbed my lips and contemplated my feelings. About 3 weeks ago, I didn't know he existed and now he plays a big part in my life. Could I possibly be catching feelings for a boy I barely knew?

"Grayson?" He hummed in response, his hand running up and down my back. "You remember when we first met and you told me you liked me?"

"Yeah... which was literally like 3 days after I met you." He laughed.

"I... I don't know how to explain it, but it's like... when I see you, my stomach goes hollow and my heart flutters. Is that what liking someone is like?"

He chuckled. "Do you mean... you have feelings for me?"

"I- I don't know..."

He rolled over and hovered over me making my breath hitch in my throat.

"I like you, Dolan," I admit softly.

He smiled and brought his lips down. My heart fluttered as our lips touched and fit perfectly together. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"I like you too, Carter. I still do."

I smiled feeling my face heat up. He chuckled and brought his lips back down to meet mine. This kiss lasted a bit longer than the first one. He rested his forehead on top of mine and stared into my eyes.

"So... you got a mans?" He asked with a smirk.

"That depends... Who's asking?"

"The guys who wants to be your mans..." I laughed and shook my head. "What do you say, Roo?"

"You gonna ruin my life?" I asked. He shook his head. I smiled. "Okay..."

He smiled brightly and peppered my face with light kisses making me laugh.

...

"You seem awfully happy today," Dylan said with a smile as he, Charlie, and I walked over to my locker before lunch.

"I don't know what you guys are talking about..." I rolled my eyes and opened the locker.

"There's this glow in your face today," Charlie said.