18; autophobia

autophobia: the fear of being alone 

Roonie's POV: 

I sat in my room alone. Grayson and Ethan left to film a video, so Kian stayed in the hospital overnight with me. Kian left for work early this morning, so I was left by myself. It got really boring without my phone and without anyone to talk to. I sighed and reached for the TV remote. I turned on the TV and scrolled through the guide. I groaned seeing that the only thing interesting on was E!News. I clicked on it.

"One of the Dolan Twins is officially taken." I felt my heart stop. "The Dolan Twins have never been publicly open about their love life. They've been linked to several people, including fellow YouTuber and friend Emma Chamberlain, singer Madison Beer, and even the famous model, Alexis Ren. The Dolan Twins even claimed in an interview back in 2016 with ExtraTv that they don't date because they don't think their fans would be okay with it. But after lots of rumors and speculation about this mystery girl, Grayson Dolan has officially confirmed that he is indeed dating someone in his most recent tweet. He shared 4 absolutely adorable photos of him and his girlfriend, including a picture of her in the hospital. Along with the tweet, 'This is Veronica Kay Carter and she means the world to me'. Do you ship or dip?" 

I stared blankly at the TV. What did he do? There was a knock at the door.

"Come in."

"I'm just here to take your breakfast tray," my nurse said with a smile. 

"Thank you."

"Do you need anything?" She asked.

"Yeah, um... does this phone work?" I asked pointing at the phone on the desk beside me.

"Yes, do you need to make a phone call?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay, um it works just make sure you dial 1 first, and then the number."

"Okay, thank you." She walked out of the room and I immediately grabbed the phone and dialed Charlie's number.

"Hello?"

"I need my phone," I said quickly. 

"You saw it didn't you?" She asked.

"Yeah. Has Grayson been on social media lately? Has he snapped or tweeted or posted on Instagram? Did you see the E! News segment about it?"

"I'm pretty sure everyone's seen it. And Grayson hasn't posted anything on social media. But literally, everyone is blowing up my phone asking if it's true. Even, all of the kids who didn't give a flying shit about us."

"Charlie, please bring my phone and my charger. It should be on the charger in my room. You know where the spare key is."

"In the dead plant pot?" She asked.

"Yes. Please, hurry."

"I'll be there asap."

-

"Come in," I said after hearing knocking. Charlie smiled and waved my phone. "Thank you!"

Dylan followed behind her and they both took seats next to my bed.

"I can't believe he did that," Dylan said staring at his phone. "You know how many girls from school are hitting me up asking me if I wanna go on dates with them?"

"Why?" Charlie asked in disgust.

"I think it's because I was in the background of the picture of Grayson at the hospital and they're using me to get close to them."