69; ferriphobia

ferriphobia - the fear of ferris wheels
Roonie's POV *Father's Day*

"Can I open my eyes now?" Grayson asked. I laughed, my hands still on his eyes.

"No, you can't."

"This is uncomfortable Roonie, you're tugging my neck down, dwarf."

I gasped and moved one of my hands to punch his arm. "I am not a dwarf."

"It's okay to accept who you are-"

"Shut up." He laughed.

"Are we there yet?"

"We're almost there."

"Okay."

We continued to walk and I smiled up at the giant Ferris Wheel. It was a cliche thing for me to bring Grayson to our spot, but the last time he was, he only came with Sean. So, I decided to celebrate him being a father by taking him to our place with our son.

I held my finger to my lips and Sean stepped onto the ride first.

"Okay, take a big step," I said. Grayson took a big step and the cart wobbled a bit.

"Woah," he said immediately reaching for me. I laughed and stepped in behind him. I helped him sit down.

"Can you guess where we are?"

"Uh... at the beach on a hammock."

"No, kinda close though."

"On a hammock at a lake."

"No."

"At my house, in a hammock-"

"What is up with you can hammocks?"

"So, it's not a hammock?" 

"No!" I laughed. "You get two more guesses."

"Um... okay, a canoe! Or a boat!"

"Nope."

"Aw..." he frowned. 

"One more try."

"Hm... are we on one of those giant swings?"

"Incorrect." 

"Where are we then?" I removed my hands.

"Surprise!" Grayson looked at me and Sean before looking around. 

"The Ferris Wheel?" He smiled brightly. "Aw!"

"Happy Father's Day, Dad!" Sean said handing him the card he made for him. Ever since school got out, Sean's spent a lot of time with Grayson. I rarely ever see him and when I do, it's usually when they invite me to do something with them. And when they don't, I usually spend time at work or with Donovan, who's also out of school for the summer. 

"Thank you, Sean," Grayson said taking the card and reading it. "Dear Dad, thank you for being the best Grayson a Sean could ever ask for. I'm so glad I met you and I love you gazillion. Love, Sean."

"I can't count to a gazillion, but that's the biggest number I know," Sean said. Grayson chuckled and opened his arms for a hug. Sean leaped into his arms and Grayson gave him a tight squeeze.

"I love it, thank you." Grayson kissed the top of his head before turning to me. 

"Father's Day gift part 2 is on the way. So, enjoy this while it lasts." I smiled.

-

"Okay, are you ready?" I asked. We sat on the couch and I held Grayson's neatly wrapped gift in my hand.