60; cymophobia

cymophobia - the fear of waves
Roonie's POV

"So, I was thinking we could do like a family outing type of thing tomorrow," Grayson said awkwardly while I drove back to my place.

"Oh..."

"Oh... what?"

"Well, I was actually going to ask you for a favor."

"That oh..." I smiled and shook my head. "What is it?"

"Well, Donovan texted."

"Oh..."

"Can you stop saying oh." I laughed.

"You started it!" He chuckled.

"Anyway, he asked me on a date and we'll be out the whole day. So, I was wondering if you could watch Sean tomorrow?" I stopped at a red light and looked over at him.

"Okay," he said with a smile.

"If you're going out tomorrow, can I sleepover?" Sean asked.

I looked up at Grayson. "Sleepover!" Grayson yelled. Sean laughed.

"Yay!"

"And then we'll have a father-son outing since mommy's lame," Grayson said looking over at me with a smirk.

"I hate you, Grayson Dolan. I really really hate you," I said punching his shoulder.

"Ow!" I laughed. "Keep both of your hands on the wheel!"

"What?" I asked punching him again.

"Roo-"

"What?!" I teased while punching him again.

He laughed. "I will swing-"

"What?!" Another punch. We laughed hysterically and for a moment it felt like nothing ever changed.

-

"Have fun!" I called while waving at Sean who was waving at me from the back seat of Grayson's car. I smiled and shut the door.

"What the fuck do you mean, Emiliano?!" Dylan yelled through the phone. Charlie sat with wide eyes on the couch. I walked over and sat beside her.

"What's going on?" I whispered.

"Emiliano just called him. I don't know what about though," Charlie replied.

"He's at a Halloween party." I shrugged. "At least that's what his mom said."

"Well-"

"Can you guys come with me?" Dylan asked.

"Where?" Charlie asked.

"Emiliano went to a party and got drunk. Like he called me while drunk."

"No way." Charlie laughed.

"He needs me to pick him up and he needs somewhere to lay low until morning." He looked at me. "Can he stay here?"

"Yeah," I said with a smile.

"Who's party though because I'm really not trying to go to some party and see an old classmate's sibling," Charlie said getting up from her spot on the couch.

"I don't know whose party it is. He just sent me the address."

"Well, let's get going then," I said getting up. "I call shotgun!"

"What?! No!" Charlie whined. "That means I have to sit with drunk Emiliano in the back!"

"That sucks."