68; megalophobia

megalophobia - the fear of large objects
(I didn't go thru and edit the chapter bc im lazy)
Grayson's POV *Mother's Day*

"I'm making mommy a Mother's Day card for class," Sean said as we did homework on the kitchen table.

"Aw, What's it gonna say?" I asked.

"Aunt Charlie said I should put, thanks for giving birth to me, on it. She also suggested I put something else on it, but it was inappropriate so I'm not gonna say it." I laughed.

"Well for Mother's Day, I'm going to give mommy a record player. I was gonna get one for her for Christmas, but I couldn't find a yellow one. She's always wanted one, but I asked one of my friends to paint daisies on them to make it extra special."

"Cool."

"Do you think it's a little too much?" I asked.

"No, it'll make up for the Victoria's Secret gift card Donovan got her for Christmas." I laughed. "What's Victoria's Secret?"

"Um... well you see, I- well- so, it's like..." I sighed. "You know what? Just ask your mom."

"Okay."

-

"You ready?" I asked. Sean nodded. I held the tray of food tightly. Sean opened the door to Roonie's room.

"Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!" Sean yelled. Roonie shot up from her bed startled.

"Shoot you scared me," she said. She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"Sorry," Sean said handing her a bouquet of daisies and chocolate.

"Thank you, Sean."

"Happy Mother's Day, Roonie," I said.

"Aw, Gray." She smiled. I placed the tray down in front of her. "Thank you."

"I have something for you!" Sean said with a bright smile. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the Mother's Day card he made for her.

"Sean, this is so cute."

"Thanks, I couldn't find my yellow crayon. Sorry, I didn't put your favorite color on it," he apologized. Roonie laughed and shook her head.

"It doesn't matter, I still love it."

"Okay, you eat your breakfast while Sean and I get your second surprise set up," I said. "Don't come out of the room until I say so."

"Second surprise?" I nodded.

"Let's go, Sean."

Sean followed me out of the room. "Are we setting up the record player?" He whispered.

"Yes."

We walked over the living room. I grabbed the record player and set it up on the table in the living room.

"This is so exciting," Sean said. I laughed. "So... what's a record player?"

"It's... like a box they used to use back then and you would put these big CD's they called records on it and it would spin and play music."

"Cool, but what's a CD?" I sighed.

"It's like a little disk thing and it plays movies."

"Oh, like Netflix."

"No, disks usually only have one movie them."

"Oh, boring." I laughed.

"Hey, that's my childhood you're talking about." He looked up at me and smiled.