17; iatrophobia

iatrophobia: the intense fear of doctors 

Grayson's POV: 

"Just grab Roonie's keys from her room and lock up the house, please. Then, you can meet us at the hospital," Kian said as they placed Roonie's body on the stretcher.

"I'll be there soon," I said as Kian hopped into the ambulance.

"What is happening?!" Charlie yelled as she ran over to the house. I watched as her eyes filled with fear as she watched the scene before her. "What's wrong with her?!"

"I- I don't know!" I stuttered. Everything had happened so quickly. "But she's being rushed to the hospital right now and I'm meeting Kian there."

"You can't," she said. Dylan ran over and was just as shocked as Charlie was, but engulfed Charlie in a huge hug to calm her down.

"What do you mean I can't?" I asked.

"You're you. Someone's gonna see you at the hospital and you and Roonie's relationship will be revealed."

"Shit." I groaned. The ambulance pulled away and lots of neighbors peeked out their doors and windows to watch.

"Let's go," Dylan said. "We'll meet you there."

"Okay..."

He and Charlie walked back toward his house and walked into Roonie's empty home. It was weird being there alone. I ran upstairs and grabbed Roonie's keys off of the wall. I turned out all the lights and made sure the oven and stove were off. I also grabbed Roonie some clothes and her hygienic needs just in case. I locked up the house and hopped into the car. I called Ethan and let him know.

"E, I'm heading to the hospital," I said before he could even say hello.

"What? Why?"

"Roonie fainted and she's being rushed to the hospital."

"Dude, you do know that means you'll be revealing your identity and Roonie's?" He asked.

"Honestly, I don't care at this point. The love of my life is being rushed to the hospital and I could care less who knows."

"You want me to be there with you? For like moral support?"

"You don't have to."

"I'll be there tomorrow. Just update me."

"Okay. Love you, bro."

"Love you too."

I hung up the phone and sighed. It all happened so fast. I was fixing the bed so she could lay down. I turned around to the sound of her faintly whispered my voice. She was stumbling and looking like she couldn't walk. And just as I reached her, she fell into my arms. I felt tears on the edge of falling. I quickly wiped my face and continued to drive.

I got to the front of the hospital. I parked the car and slung the backpack I used to carry her stuff over my shoulder and ran inside.

Kian, Dylan, and Charlie all sat there. Charlie sat between a man and a woman, who I'm guessing was her parents. A few feet down from them was another couple who I'm guessing was Dylan's parents because he looked similar to the man. There were also two kids sitting next to them who looked about 15 and 10.

"Where is she?" I asked sitting down a few seats away from Kian.

"She's in one of the rooms," he replied.

"I... um, I brought her clothes and stuff just in case."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Mom, Dad, this is Grayson." I looked up to see Charlie gesturing to me. "He's Roonie's boyfriend."