73; nelophobia

nelophobia - the fear of glass
Roonie's POV

"You can ride with us if you want," Grayson offered as we finished loading the cars.

"No, it's okay. I'll just ride with Char and Dylan."

"You sure?" I nodded and wrapped myself tighter with the blanket. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He sighed and reached over pulling me in and wrapping his arms around me. "Grayson, I'm fine."

"I know, but I just wanna make sure you are." I smiled.

"We should get going!" Ethan called from the car.

Grayson pulled away from the hug and smiled. "We'll meet you guys there."

"Okay."

-

We arrived back at the apartment. Once again, I felt like crying and I knew it was because sooner or later I'd have to face Donovan. I still didn't know what I wanted to say to him.

"I'll unload the car tomorrow," Dylan said. "We should all head inside and get some rest."

"Say less," Charlie said running over to the front door. I smiled. Dylan wrapped his arm around me and walked with me to the door.

"You okay?" He asked softly. I nodded.

"I'm just glad to be home." I wanted to get all of this off of my mind. "When are you gonna tell Charlie you're in love with her?"

He laughed. "Roonie, I don't know what you're talking about."

"Shut up, Dyl. You know what I'm talking about." I pushed him a bit. He sighed.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Well, I've always been an observer and Charlie's always been observed. I think it's only obvious to me though."

"I've tried giving her subtle hints, but she sees me as her best friend, maybe even a brother. Dating your brother is gross," he said. I laughed.

"But dating your best friend would be the best thing in the world." I tilted my head and looked at him.

"What if I tell her and she throws something at me? You know Charlie. She's crazy." He turned and looked at me. "Or even worse, she rejects me! That'll make things so awkward."

"It might get awkward, but you guys have been friends your whole life. It'll pass."

"I don't know how to tell her."

"Just go in there and full send-"

"I'm not doing it tonight!" He looked at me with wide eyes.

"If you don't do it tonight, you never will. Charlie's been on Tinder lately. You could miss your chance," I said. "I'll wait out here, I need some air. But you go in there and tell her. I believe in you."

"Okay," he said. "Okay, I'm gonna do this. Wow-"

"Go!" I laughed.

"Okay." He opened the door and stepping in before closing the door behind him. I sighed and sat down on the steps. It felt nice to be alone with my thoughts.

I looked up to see Grayson's familiar baby blue Porsche rolling into the parking lot. I smiled. He parked in a parking spot and hopped out. Sean followed.

"Hi, mommy!" Sean said walking over and giving me a hug.

"Hi, Sean."

"Hey, Roo," Grayson said sitting down beside me. Sean crawled onto Grayson's lap and lied his head on his shoulder. I could tell he was tired.