FRIENDSHIP .003

Soon after, all four of them were in detention supervised by Sir James because they were blamed for spraining one of the girl's foot, throwing juice at Sally and bullying them. They got scolded even more after they refused to apologised to Sally resulting in the Principal not believing a word the four of them said in their justice. Tyler who was innocent couldn't even get a single chance to speak. Elaine got half an hour more detention than the rest of them because she pointed at the Principal and said, "It's because of people like you bullying exists in schools because you don't support people defending themselves!"

"Hey, Elaine. Sorry about what I said to you in the morning. You were right." Claire apologised to her in a sincere tone

"What are you being sorry for? It's totally fine. Besides I don't even remember you saying something to apologise to me for." Elaine grinned in return

"You know, I think the person who could really use an apology right now, is him." Jackson pointed at Tyler who was sitting away from them. He was in a bad mood because he got caught up in this even though he did nothing.

"Tyler, I'm sorry you got into this mess." Claire said but in a low voice. Tyler couldn't hear her. They weren't allowed to speak loudly, that is why they were whispering. Elaine and Claire were sitting next to each other. Jackson was sitting behind them while Tyler was on the opposite side in one corner.

"He can't hear you." Elaine remarked

"Wait, I have an idea."

Jackson took out his notebook, teared off a few pages, wrote something on it and made paper balls.

Elaine knew what he was going to do, so she excitedly whispered,

"Me too! Give me a few pages too!"

Sir James who was busy grading papers, simple dabbed the pen on the table twice and said, "No talking."

Jackson hands a few pages to Elaine.

She does the same as him and makes paper balls.

"What are you guys doing?" Claire narrowed her eyes

Jackson then throws one of the ball at Tyler. Tyler angrily glares back. He opens the ball to see a huge 'WE ARE SORRY' written on it. He rolls his eyes and throws the paper ball back, which hits Claire.

She muttered a small, "ow."

Elaine then threw a ball as well and soon after there were paper balls flying in the room. They had started having a paper ball fight and were smiling, laughing, forgetting all about what was going on.

Thats when they heard someone clear their throat, they turned to see Sir James standing in the middle, with his brow raised.

"Is this supposed to be your detention? Don't forget. This is a punishment, not game time. You did something bad so now you have to take responsibility for it." He stated

"Sorry, sir." They all mumbled

"Sir! I need permission to speak to you." Jackson said

"Go on." He responded. Out of all the teachers, everyone loved Sir James. He was their science teacher and had a soft spot for all the children.

Jackson explained to him everything that happened, even Elaine and Claire joined the conversation.

"Is that true? Then what are you doing here, Tyler?" He looked at Tyler who just shrugged in return, "Beats me. I'm trying to figure out the same thing."

They all started laughing after this.

"I can't get you out of this detention even if I believe you. You guys are good children. So I can only allow you to talk to each other, but don't make much of a noise or speak loudly. If the principal comes, quickly sit separately and become quiet, got it?" Sir James explained

"Thank you, Sir!"

"God bless you!"

"You're the best!"

"I swear, we are going to get A+ grade in your next test!"

"No problem and yes I am expecting that grade from you all. Now I have to go put these papers in my desk, be good okay? Don't make too much noise." He said grabbing the papers and soon left the room

When he came back, he saw that all four of them were sitting in a circle on the floor playing hand games, paper games, truth and dare, etc, laughing and talking. They didn't hear Sir James come in and that's how much they were engrossed in playing.

"You guys....you're gonna cost me my job. I told you to be discreet. Hurry up and put these paper balls in the bin and clean up and sit properly on chairs." He said, pronouncing the word put in the same manner as but. It was a slip of the tongue, but the four of them started laughing even if they didn't mean to.

"Yeah yeah, laugh all you want. When you get this much salary, you pronounce p-u-t like that." Sir James joked to which everyone started laughing even more

"How much is your salary, sir?" Jackson asked

"Clean." He ignored his question

After their detention was over, they all thanked their teacher and started heading home, all the while talking to each other, laughing and giggling.

They realised that they were all almost heading in the same direction and lived in the same area. Although Jackson lived in an apartment so he had to go the other way half way to Claire and Elaine's house. And Tyler's house came first so he went home while Elaine and Claire still walked together.
Elaine lived just a street away from Claire's house, so that made them both really happy.

Claire was really enjoying Elaine's company. Even though she lost her friends today, she made some new ones. And she really wanted to be friends with Elaine.

"That's a really cute bracelet." She said pointing to it

"Thanks!" Elaine grinned in response

"I've noticed all of your things are really cute and stylish." Claire said, "I don't mean to sound weird...I just can never seem to find things like these.." She added nervously

"Thanks...if you want, we can go shopping together. I'll ask my mother to drive us there. The place where I shop isn't that well known, but I love shopping there because of all the cute stuff they have!" Elaine replied excitedly

"Oh wow. Really? Is that okay?" Claire's face brightens up

"Sure! It'll be fun!" Elaine grinned

"Umm...do you think maybe we can be friends, if you don't mind?" Claire asked, in a low voice, playing with her fingers while looking down due to nervousness

"Sure. I'd love that. By the way, I thought we were already friends so you didn't have to ask!" Elaine smile, Claire beamed with joy. She finally has found a true-friend.