Chap#30

Elaine's POV;

Today was the day we had to go to the mall. At first Atlas and Mike had some work to do, so they went to the office, I guess. And then after lunch, they came to pick us up. I was wearing a white shirt with jeans and sneakers. Kate on the other hand was wearing a short skirt with shirt and high heels. Was she going to walk wearing those in the mall?

It was now time to leave. I was about to sit at the front, as per my so-called recent routine, but Kate sat there so I had to sit in the back with Mike. Well, I was kind of happy. It's better to sit with a person who talks rather than sitting with a person who doesn't speak much. All throughout the ride, me and Mike talked about our favourite shows and songs we liked.
While talking, I noticed it was awfully quiet in the front seats. That's strange, I've never seen Kate so quiet before.

When we reached the mall, Kate quickly went inside. What's wrong with her? Maybe she's really excited? But she doesn't look excited to me. I was about to get off the car, when my left foot twisted and I kind of fell down. Mike saw this and helped me get up.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Yeah, I'm fine..." I said as I tried to get up but my left foot started aching. It was just a small ache, so I ignored it. Besides I didn't want to bother anyone. We then went inside.

After fifteen minutes, Kate is still stuck to Atlas like a glue and it was like she was back to her old self again. Why was she always grabbing his arm and sticking close to him? During this period, the pain in my left foot increased and I kind of started limping. Although I tried my best to hide it, but Mike noticed it. He whispered to me, "Is your foot okay?"

"Yeah. It just aches a bit." I replied

"Is it sprained?" He asked

"No, I don't think so." I replied as he then offered me his arm for support. Now if this were Atlas, he wouldn't have bothered to help me at all. Even if I tell him about my foot he still wouldn't bother to help me because he's busy with Kate.

"Thanks." I said as I grabbed his arm for support

"You don't need to sit down anywhere, do you?" He asked

"No, it's fine. I don't want to be a bother." I said as I looked at Atlas and Kate who were talking about something to each other

"You know if you keep on looking at both of them like that, everyone's gonna know your true feelings." Mike said

"True feelings?" I asked

"Yeah. You love him, right?" He said which made me blush

"No! No way! Why would you say that? You know the truth, don't you?" I said. Aside from Claire and Tyler, Mike was also the one who knew the truth

"I'm just saying what I'm seeing. And now, I think you're jealous." He said

"Why would I be jealous? I have no reason to be jealous." I protested

"You. Love. Him." Mike teased me

"Shut up, shut up, shut up." I said as my face went red

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby, in a baby carriage.." He said as he laughed which even though he was making fun of me, I laughed at this too

"Although you're already married, so I think you guys will have to skip that part..." He said laughingly as I also laughed and said, "Stop it."

After walking around for a bit, luckily we decided to watch a movie. In the cinema, Atlas was sitting next to Kate, while I was sitting between Kate and Mike. And I don't know why, but I felt like I am stuck in the middle of something.