Chap#21

Atlas's POV;

Today was my wedding. I was a bit nervous as I wanted everything to go smoothly. I was standing at the altar when I saw Elaine come in along her father. My jaw literally dropped. She looked absolutely breathtaking. I couldn't stop myself from staring at her. Seeing her walk down the aisle, I couldn't help but wonder what it would've been like if this all was true. If she really loved me. Then I..... I have to stop this weird thinking. We are doing this to help each other. As she stands right across me she whispers, "Hi." I hear her but don't reply because I'm just stunned. This white dress suits her perfectly. She looks so beautiful.

I had actually forgotten to prepare our vows. So I just said whatever came into my mind at that moment. And somehow I felt that maybe at this moment, I meant every word of it. After this, I gave her a small peck on her lips just for show. And this was it. We are married.

After this was the reception. I danced with her.
All throughout the dance, I just kept looking at her. It felt so right to hold her in my arms. But then all this feeling went away when she kept stepping on my toes. She is a terrible dancer. But seeing her struggle to dance properly is kind of cute. Okay, I've got to stop before I end up thinking even more weird thoughts. I was brought back from my thoughts when she said, "Hello? Dear husband." I could tell she was just joking but still I frowned. I didn't like hearing that.

"Hmm...yeah? What? Don't call me that." I replied. We were not married for real and this was all a deal. That's why I didn't want her to call me that.

"Where did you get those vows from? I got them from the internet. I think you also got it from there because I'm pretty sure I've read those lines somewhere before." She said

"Hmm." I replied. I wasn't going to tell her that I just said what came into my mind.

After this, we cut the cake and everyone looks like they're having fun.
I get a call from some of my clients which live abroad. So I got busy with that. I was almost done with the call when I hear someone call my name. I turn around to find Elaine, next to that guy who was holding her arm. I didn't want to go over to them, but I still went because if anyone saw those two like that, it'll be big trouble. Plus I was a bit curious about what was going on.

What?" I asked. Elaine manages to let her arm loose from his grip and moves a bit back from that guy and stands behind me.

"John is drunk. We need to do something about this." She said

"Why me?" I replied. It was too troublesome. Besides why should I help her friend or whoever this guy is.

"Hey you! You took her away from me." That guy said to me

"Huh?" I replied as I looked at that guy. Poor guy.
"Listen to me dude, you are totally wasting your time on this girl. What do you see in her anyway? You can do a lot more better than this annoying girl over here." I said to him

"Hey! I'm not annoying." She said reflexively

"You seriously piss me off!" That guy said as he raises his fist. I see where this is going. He's about to punch me. Now I could very easily knock him out, but I don't do troublesome things for others.
His fist is about to reach me, when I swiftly move out-of-the-way and his punch hits Elaine straight on her face.

"I think my nose is broken." She said as I laughed a bit. I know I shouldn't be laughing and this girl just got punched. But it was kind of funny.

"Hey, don't hide it. I saw you laugh." She said to me

"I can't help it." I replied, "you okay?" I asked

"Why? You worried?" She asked

"No way." I replied as then that guy apologised for punching her and goes away. Now this was a scene I've never seen in a wedding before. A bride getting punched.

After this I decide to head back home. I've actually got work to do and go over a few emails at home. So we say good-bye to everyone as I head to my car. Her face is funny when she sees my car. Her whole face is wide open.

Are you going to keep standing there or get in the car?" I said as I was already sitting in it

"Umm...is this yours?" She asked as she got in

"Of course it is. I won't just sit in someone else's car." I replied

"But..how? You also have that bike and then this and....." She literally didn't know what to say
"Just who are you?" She asked

"Huh?" I replied. I don't get why she's so shocked over seeing my car. I thought she already knows my job and besides is it so out of the ordinary to own this car and that bike? What will she think when she sees my other cars? She was looking at me as if I was some total stranger. Well, I was still a stranger to her, But still.

"I meant like what do you do? What's your job and all?" She asked

"I'm the owner of the Zen Company." I replied.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" She asked

"Because you didn't ask." I replied as I stepped on the pedal. Throughout the ride, I could tell she was still trying to digest in what I just told her. I thought girls are normally happy when they find out their husband is rich. But she looked like she wasn't happy with it. Well she isn't normal to begin with.

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter! Thanks for reading!