Chap#40

Atlas's POV;

We made a plan for Kate and Mike to meet and talk to each other, which ended up being successful. While at the restaurant, Elaine kept looking at those two. It was making me feel a bit irritated. She was sitting here with me. She should look here instead of looking over there. That's why, I took her coffee from her which made her finally look over here.

While leaving the restaurant, I held her hand as she asked me why I was holding her hand.
There wasn't any reason, I just wanted to. I like holding her hand.

It was one week since I came back to my home. At lunch, I met with Trisha. She has helped me so much that I owe her a lot. I always admired her strong personality. I might have had a bit of a crush on her maybe back in college. But I wouldn't even call it a crush.

At night we had to go to Zen Group's annual dinner. As I got home and got ready, I see Elaine all ready and dressed up. She's wearing a white dress and she absolutely looks breathtaking. Like an angel. She asks me how she looks. And I just smile in return. I can't seem to get words out of my mouth after seeing her. I am about to say something when I get a call from Trisha. I excuse myself and then talk to her. She asks me about our hotel in Paris as she wants to stay there. Trisha and her husband, Paul, are always travelling someplace.

After the call, as I enter the car, Elaine asks me about how long are we going to keep this act. Why did she ask me that? Does she want to end it? I don't want her to end it. What happened to her suddenly? So many questions were going through my mind. As she was still waiting for my reply, I told her that we will see when either of us wants to. I look at her and I see her a bit relief after hearing my reply.

During the dinner, I had to talk to a bunch of people and even though I was talking to all of them, in my mind all I could think about was, what was Elaine doing. Last I saw her, she was sitting with Kate and Mike. I didn't want her to feel left out. I see Elaine alone at the bar drinking champagne and I excuse myself and go to her. We then talked a bit during which she says something like she's not pretty. Was she being serious? To me she's the most beautiful girl on earth. I whisper in her ear, saying that she was beautiful. Our faces were really close together and I was having the urge to kiss her. Even though I refrained myself from kissing her lips, I ended up kissing her cheek. I really wanted to tell her how I feel. I wanted her to feel the same way.

But Trisha comes to where we are. Since she hadn't met Elaine before, she gets excited to see her. Trisha says things about me hurting Elaine. Never. I could never do that. I tell her that I love Elaine a lot. And it was the truth. I wasn't lying or trying to keep up with the act.

After Trisha leaves, Elaine asks me about her. She thinks I'm in love with Trisha. God no! I explain to her my relation with Trisha which makes her smile. Her smile is like the most precious thing in the world. Seeing her smile I tell her that I never knew what love was until I met-, I stop speaking before I could finish the sentence. I was going to say until I met you. But I didn't. I then changed the topic and saw someone call me so I went towards them. Damnit, I was this close to confessing. What's wrong with me?

That night, Elaine told me that Stephen offered her a job in the place of Will and she accepted. Was she being serious? There's no way I'm going to let her work under Stephen. Stephen is the guy who probably killed Will. I tried to tell her not to take the job, but she wouldn't listen. Damn, why was she so stubborn?

Just what was Stephen playing at? Maybe he was trying to keep Elaine under him so that if I manage to get evidence against him, I can't take it to the court or else he will hurt her. This was just like Stephens style, he was smart.

The next morning, the mood was still weird between me and Elaine. Until she finally talks to me and things kind of end up being back to normal I think.