Chap#27

Elaine's POV;

I woke up as I saw that I was still in the hospital. I felt something on my shoulder and I looked to my right to see Atlas sleeping. Oh shit! Did I just sleep with my head on his? Gosh, this is so embarrassing. I slowly got up. I made sure not to wake him up as I then went to the toilet. After washing my face and all, I stopped by the pharmacy to buy cut tapes and some ointment and anything you'd need to treat bruises and cuts.
I then went to where Atlas was sleeping. Even though I had bought these things, I didn't know how to give it to him. I was suddenly starting to feel all shy and embarrassed. What was happening to me these days? I decided I'd put these things next to him so when he wakes up, he sees them and uses them. But then I thought that what would happen if he thinks they are someone else's, then he wouldn't use them. What should I do? Should I just hand it out to him? Giving it to him...I don't know....I was still in the battle of deciding what to do when he suddenly woke up.
He yawned and stretched his arms a bit as he looked at me and while pointing at the things asked, "What are those?"

"Ah...for you!" I said as I shove those things in his hands. "They are for your cut and those bruises." I said

"Why.." He said as I cut him off by saying quickly, "I'm gonna go see Lyra. She went to buy something to eat." I then walk away from him as fast as possible, all the while I could feel my cheeks being reddened

After a while, as I came back with Lyra, I saw Atlas talking to the doctor. I noticed he used those cut tapes. I felt kind of happy that he used them.

He then came towards us and told us that doctors have allowed us to see his mum as they have shifted her to the room. But it is only for a short while. Lyra quickly runs to the room as Atlas and I follow after her.

"I'm sorry for troubling you." Olivia said to me

"Oh no. There wasn't any trouble. How are you feeling?" I asked

"I'm fine. Thank you, dear." She said as then Lyra and Atlas started talking to her. They both looked so happy. They were such a happy and loving family. I kind of didn't want to disturb them all. I felt like intruding, because let's face it, I wasn't actually a part of their family. This marriage wasn't even real. Sometimes, I wished if all this was real. But I can't change the reality. So I decided to go back.

I left the room while they were all busy talking. I'm sure I will find a taxi somewhere. I was in the elevator and the door was about to close when suddenly Atlas enters it and then the door closes.

"What are you doing here? You have to be with your mum and Lyra. You know you already have a limited time to meet her." I said

"I know. You're going home?" He asked as I nodded. "I'll drop you off." He said

"You don't really have to. I can use a taxi." I said

"I will drop you off." He said

We reached his car and then went towards the house. The ride throughout was quiet. There was this kind of awkwardness in the air. When we reached the house, he said, "You....why are you..."

"What?" I asked as I couldn't understand what he was trying to say

"Nothing." He replied. Maybe he was again talking to someone using his AirPods. But I don't see him wearing any.

As I was about to get off, I remembered I was still wearing his jacket.
"Ah, right. Your jacket." I said as I was about to take it off but then he stopped me and said, "No need to give it back. Just take it with you inside and put it somewhere. I'll get it later."

"Okay." I said as I then get out of the car and  turn around to go inside

"Elaine." I heard him say which makes me turn around again to face him. I've always called him by his name even if we are outside or we are alone. But he's never called me by my name when are alone.

"Thank you." He said as he smiled and then drove off. What was that about? Thanks? But for what? And oh my god, his smile was so cute. My cheeks again started getting hot red. Why is it that he makes me blush so easily?

Please vote and comment. This chapter is a bit smaller than the ones I've posted lately, but I felt like ending it at such point. Thanks for reading!