Chap#17

Elaine's POV;

Tonight was finally going to be the engagement party. The whole week went by pretty fast. This party was huge. My father has a huge social circle and apparently Atlas has a lot of people he knows too. The party is being held at his mother's house. So my parents had decided to go on ahead there at around 6:30pm. Atlas will come pick me up at 7pm.

It is 3:30 pm and I still have a lot of time to get ready. Ah, who am I kidding? Even if I have a whole day, that still wouldn't be enough time.
I took a bath and change clothes. My dress was a strapless royal blue cocktail dress that I absolutely love! I decided to put a bit heavy makeup on to match with my outfit. I was about to start with the makeup when the bell rang and I open the door to find Atlas there. Oh shit! It was already seven and I still had to do my hair, put on my jewellery and heels.

"Just wait. It'll only take five minutes max!" I said to him as I ran back up to my room to get ready. After a while, when I was just curling the ends of my hair, I hear a knock on the door.

"Enter." I said as Atlas comes into my room

"It's been thirty minutes! How long does it take to get ready?" He asked as he was annoyed

"I'm almost done." I replied. If only he knew that it takes so long to get a perfect eyeliner and get all your makeup done. Along with, you must have perfect hair. And I even forgot to pick out which jewellery to wear, the night before, so that took a lot of time.

"I'm leaving without you."  He said

"Just wait. I'm coming!" I said as I quickly put on my heels

"Whatever." He said as he left

"Hey! You can't just leave without me! Who goes to their own engagement party without their fiancé?" I shouted at him as I then hear the door being shut.

I quickly grab my jewellery and my purse and I go out after him, but he's gone. That jerk! He actually did leave me here! Arg! I then get a taxi and go to the party. On the way, I wear my jewellery.

As I arrive there, I find him standing outside.

"Oh finally, you are here. I was planning on going in without you if you were going to be late one more minute." He said

"You left me! Couldn't you have waited just one more minute?" I said as I glared at him

"Nope. I hate people who are late and I don't wanna be one of them." He replied as he grabs my hand, "Come on. Let's go inside."

"Let go of my hand." I said even though I know that he was just doing this as part of an act

"Where's the ring?" He asked, ignoring what I just said to him

"Oh my god! Where's the ring? I swear I put it in my purse!" I said as I go through the things in my purse looking for the ring

"Don't tell me you forgot!" He said as he glares at me

"Hey don't look at me! This wouldn't have happened if you wouldn't have left me behind!" I replied as I again go through the things in my purse and finally find the ring! Oh yes! Thank god! I quickly wear the ring back.

"You're lucky it was in your purse." He said as we go inside

"And you're lucky you're still alive." I replied sarcastically

As I went inside, I found the place to be packed. I knew that his mother's garden was huge, but the garden looked small in all these people. There are so many people, that I couldn't even keep up with their names or who was who.