FRIENDSHIP .002

When Claire entered the classroom, after talking with Elaine, she saw her friends sitting together, talking and laughing. One of them saw Claire enter and waved her to come to them.

"Claire!"

"Where have you been?"

"We have been looking all over for you!"

Oh really? Claire thought. She was having a hard time believing her friends. If they were looking for her, they wouldn't be here acting as if nothing happened.

"Where were you guys? You disappeared right after the bell rang." Claire inquired

"Sally, wasn't feeling well. We went to the bathroom and then to the nurse's office."

Liars. Claire knew they all were lying because she checked those places twice and they weren't there at all. What hurt her more was that she thought they were friends so she was having trouble figuring out why would they lie to her. No, she shouldn't doubt them. They're her friends. Maybe they just missed each other and Sally really got sick.

"Oh is that so? Sally, are you okay now?" Claire asked worriedly

"Yeah, I'm fine now." She replied giving a fake smile

"Hey, Claire. Miss Paulson asked Sally to take these notebooks to the staffroom but since Sally isn't feeling well, can you take them?"

"Yeah, please. I'm still feeling a bit dizzy." Sally requested

"Oh, no worries. You rest. I'll take them." Claire picks up the load of notebooks that were really heavy, and started walking towards the staff room. Her friends were always giving her tasks to do. She didn't complain even though it sometimes felt odd to her because she was happy about the fact that she was helping her friends.

By the time she had reached the staff room, the second bell had rang so she had to run back to the class. She got scolded by the teacher for being late but when she explained where she was, the teacher told her to just sit down.

After the period ended, it was a free games period. Claire wanted to go talk to her friends but they looked like they were busy talking to each other. She walked towards them thinking of how to join the conversation. She also wanted to ask about her pencil case that Sally borrowed from her yesterday but never returned. But she didn't ask for it back that much because she didn't want to seem annoying.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" She asked

"Oh, nothing." They all went quiet after Claire came. Claire wasn't stupid, she noticed how they would often talk about things and leave her out of the conversation.

"You sure you guys aren't hiding something from me?" She was fidgeting

"No, why would we? We are all best friends after all. We share everything with each other and you're a part of us. Come sit down." Sally motioned her to sit on an empty chair next to her. She was about to sit when one of them spoke, "Oh wait. Claire did you do your English homework?"

"Yeah. Why?" Claire responded

"Then give me your notes. I forgot to do mine. I've been so caught up with my sister's wedding these past few days, I barely get any time to do school work." The girl said

"You're always like this."

"Yeah, your sister's wedding is just an excuse. You never do your homework."

They all started laughing. Claire was surprised. She never heard that her sister was getting married. This made her question, was she even the part of this group?