Chap#23

Elaine's POV;

I woke up pretty early because I wanted to again ask Atlas for the password. I also wanted to use my laptop and not knowing the password wasn't helping. I searched the house for Atlas, but he wasn't there. I even went to his room and it was empty as well. And then I went to the garage and I saw that yellow corvette missing. That is when I knew that he has already gone to the office. What should I do now? I could annoy him all day by messaging him to tell me the password. But that wouldn't work since he rarely checks messages. By that I meant, my messages.

I have nothing to do all day. After eating my breakfast, I went to an Internet café started looking for jobs to apply for. And I did got a few interviews for me at the end of the month. I really hope they go well. After I was done with this, I came back to the house and decided to open up the wedding gifts. They were all at one corner of the sitting room in the basement. So I started opening all of them. Most of them were decoration pieces. I felt a bit bad about this. All these gifts are useless.

It was around 7 at evening when I hear the main door being opened and in comes Atlas. He's early today. I go to him to ask about the password when I see him wearing AirPods. I bet he's talking to someone again. So I just go back into my room.

It is dinner time and Edith had prepared a dinner for us so we just sat in the dinning room, quietly eating our dinner. Now I know it's been only two days, but I've never stayed this quiet in my entire life! This guy doesn't talk. He rarely talks! I'm getting bored here. I can't wait to get a new job and again start talking to normal people. I'm not a talkative person, but I enjoy talking to people. And this guy is always busy on his phone.

"Do you know how to speak?" I blurted out as he stops eating and looks at me

"Yes, I'm talking to you. You never talk. You're so workaholic. Don't you get bored with staying so quiet all the time at home? When two normal people live in a house together, they do talk to each other. I know this marriage isn't real or whatever. But we can still talk as friends, right?" I said

"I don't know you. You don't know me. We have nothing to talk about." He said as he finishes eating dinner

"That's why people talk, you know." I replied

"Yeah, Mike. Tell me what you have found." He said suddenly as he double taps something in his ear, gets up and leaves the dinning room. I notice he is wearing his AirPods again. I wonder if he was actually talking to me before.

Later at night, I was going into the kitchen  when I passed by the study. I saw Atlas inside. He was going through some books.

"Okay fine. Don't talk to me. But at least give me the internet password. I need to use my laptop." I said as he looks up to me and then again looks at his books

"I'm busy. Later." He said

"Yeah yeah, Mr. Busy." I said as I roll my eyes and go downstairs to the kitchen.

I see Edith there. She has just finished making coffee.

"Oh ma'am. Do you need anything?" She asked

"Yes, I wanted to drink water." I said but before she could get it for me, I got it for myself and said, "It's okay. I'll get it myself."

"Ma'am, Sir's coffee is ready. And if there is nothing else you need for tonight, I can go back." She said

"Oh sure. Don't worry. I'll give this coffee to him. You can go back." I said 

"Okay, good night ma'am." She said as she then leaves

"Good night." I said smirking. The coffee smells delicious. So I decide to drink it. Atlas said it himself, he's busy. Which means he's also busy to drink this coffee. Besides he deserve this for not giving me the password.

"Edith, have you made the coffee yet?" Atlas said as he came into the kitchen and is surprised to see me holding the mug of coffee

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know this was for you. Don't worry, I haven't drank this, yet. Edith just left. You can have this if you want." I said as I handed the mug to him but before he could grab it, I pulled the mug back.

"What do you want?" He asked frowning

"You know what I want." I said as I smiled

"Okay fine." He said as he told me the password. Yes! I finally got it!

"Yay! Thank you! Here you go!" I said as I handed him the mug and then I said, "Oh by the way, the coffee was tasty!" I then went back up to my room. Before I went into my room I heard him say, "This is empty, you liar."
I giggled. He can make himself more coffee if he wants to. But seeing how busy he is, I bet he won't do that. But who cares, at least I got what I wanted!

Please please vote and comment! And if you're liking this book then please share it with everyone! Thanks for reading! ^-^