Chap#11

Atlas's POV;

I was done with my work for today. I finished early because I had to go have dinner with my mother and my younger sister. I was leaving the office and Mike was with me.

"About what you said to Stephen earlier....I know it's not true. But what are you going to do about it?" He asked

"I don't know." I replied as I was typing on my phone

"Stephen would want proof." He said

"Stephen can go to hell." I replied as I then said goodbye to Mike and went to my car. Then I went to mum's house for dinner.

I lived alone in my own house. But I always enjoyed eating dinner with everyone. It was really nice. Especially teasing my younger sister, Lyra was really fun. She was 16 years old.

"Atlas, when are you going to get married?" Mum suddenly asked which made me choke on my food. I coughed and then drank some water.

"You know I hope you don't mind but I sent your name to the marriage centre." She said. Marriage centre? What the hell is that?

"You didn't have to." I replied. Hoping my answer wouldn't make her stressed. Mum was a heart patient along with which she was a worrywart. Doctors have advised us not to make her stressed or tensed.

"But I want to see you happy." She said

"I am happy." I replied as I finished eating

"But.....at least look at all the girls."  She said as my phone started ringing

"Later. Excuse me for a moment." I said as I got up and answered my phone. It was one of our client.

That night mum wouldn't let me go without choosing a girl. It was stupid. I had better things to do in life. But still to make her happy, I looked at what she wanted me to look at. It was just like those stupid weird dating sites they have. I literally wanted to laugh at this. Just then I saw a picture of a girl who looked familiar. She was the girl who has run into me many times. I saw her at the restaurant earlier where Mike told me what her name was. I was just looking at her picture, and I guess I must've been looking at it for a long time because mum noticed it.

"Do you know her?" She asked

"No, I don't." I replied as I took out my phone and started checking my emails

"But to me it looked like you recognised her." She said

"I just saw her at Tyler's wedding. She's Claire's friend, I think. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a call to make." I said as I went out of the room.

After the call ended, I went back to my house as I still had a lot of work to do. Gosh these endless files. It wouldn't hurt for Stephen and his friends to go over them. I only work so hard because I don't want the business that my father worked so hard for to go to waste.

The next day, I again had a meeting with Jackson. I had two meetings actually and both the buildings were right next to each other. I parked my car in the centre of those buildings. First I attended my other meeting. After I was finished with that, I started heading to Jackson's office. On the way, I got a phone call from Mike.

"What have you got for me Mike?" I asked as I walked fast. I was getting late for the meeting.

"Stephen gave 40% shares of all the side companies to Richard." He said

"Okay......and?" I asked

"Actually the problem is that they are making illegal products using the company." He replied