SSS4.2(Amelia's tale)

It was two hours since I last got that message from him. What was that message? See you at the other side? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Speaking of other side, the third part of the book came out yesterday night at 12. And me and Liam had decided to to buy it today. But he's still not here. Maybe he went to buy it without me. But he wouldn't do that. Would he?

Suddenly I felt his hands on my eyes and I heard him say, "Guess who?"
I excitedly turned around but there was no one there. That must've been my imagination.

I was still waiting for him when I heard some footsteps approaching me. I turned quickly and excitedly said, "Liam! You're..." I stopped talking as I saw an elder man who looked like Liam but just a bit different and older. He was holding the third part of the book.

"Who are you? Where's Liam?" I asked as I got up suddenly. I was worried and all the bad things were coming into my mind. Please let Liam be safe.

"About two hours ago, Liam went into surgery. He had been severely ill and the doctors had told him he had less time to live. He only had this surgery..." he said as I shook my head again and again and thought to myself no way, please don't say it. Please don't. Stop. This cant be true. But he didn't stop. He continued on,

"It was a risk. He took it but unfortunately he died during the surgery an hour ago." He said as tears started streaming down my face

"No...this cant be...why..." I said as I felt like I couldn't breathe. It was becoming all blurry and suffocating. He's gone. He is gone. He really is gone. This cant be...

"Umm....he wanted me to give you these. You're Amelia right? He told me you'd be sitting here." He said as he hands me the third part of the book along with Liam's pumpkin bracelet.

"Why didn't he tell me all this before?" I asked

"I honestly don't know but I'm sure you'll find the answers on the note he wrote for you. It's in the book. Umm...I have to go now. I'm really sorry." He said as he then left

I sat down as I stared at the book and the bracelet. I clutched the bracelet and started crying. He's really gone, is he? Oh god! Why?!
Suddenly I started realising why he said this book was a fantasy. Why he joked about dying soon and living your life to the fullest. I now knew why he was excited like a child at every single thing because he knew he'd be seeing them for the last time. This is not fair. Life's not fair. Why didn't you tell me everything, Liam? Why did you go ahead to the other side and left me?

I opened the book as a piece of paper fell out of it. I picked it up and started reading it.

"Hi....I wanted to start by something cliché like guess who like how I always used to do but honestly in the first place I didn't even want to write something. But still I did because there were more chances of me dying than of me living, I figured I was gonna die either way so might as well write you a letter like how they show you in movies that they do.

So first of all, I have a confession to make. I lied to you when I said that I have extra classes. I didn't have any classes. I never came to school that much because of my illness so that day I was just there to see how it feels like to be in the school and that's when I met you. And I'm so happy and glad that I met you.

When the doctors told me I didn't have much to live, I was depressed. I didn't want to do anything in life anymore. I then read the novel the other side and I was like what a joke. Who can be this happy when he knows he's gonna die soon? This guy is an idiot.

But when I met you, I suddenly had the urge to live again. I wanted to try various things and enjoy life to the fullest. And even though I didn't want to fall in love, I still did. And I was never even planning to confess to you because I didn't want you to be hurt. Which is also the reason why I never told you about my illness. It's because I didn't want to make you worried.

I love you the most when you're smiling, laughing and giggling. Oh man, that's the thing I'm gonna miss so so much.

The only reason I confessed was because I couldn't hold it in any longer. You can't blame me for that now, can you? I'm a dying man and I didn't basically have a lot of time. But when you confessed back to me, I was over the moon. You gave me happiness and hope when everything else was lost.

Thank you for teaching me how to ride a bike.

Thank you for teaching me how to love.

And thank you for teaching me how to live.

I love you so so much and I'm sorry for ditching you and going to the other side.

And that is why I want you to move on and enjoy life to the fullest.

Please read this last book from both of us.

Love,
Liam"

I read the whole note while crying. Please don't leave me. I don't want him to leave me. But he's gone now. Liam's gone. I cried and cried as I still couldn't breathe. With my shaking hands I opened the book and started reading it. I wore his bracelet next to mine and promised to never ever take it off.

I don't know how long I stayed in the library reading the book while constantly crying.

Why is it that the guy in the book managed to live and got his happy ending while Liam had to lose everything and be gone. I miss you. I really miss you. Please come back, Liam and smile excitedly like you used to.

 Please come back, Liam and smile excitedly like you used to

Liam Smith