Chap#41

Elaine's POV;

After the argument I had with Atlas last night, I thought we weren't going to speak to each other again. But luckily everything went back to normal, or so I hope and think. And he even said that I will go to the office with him. It's kind of nice, I'll be going to the office with Atlas. I'm excited.

Today was also my birthday. Everyone wished me at 12 last night except Atlas. I wonder if he remembers about my birthday. I tried asking him again and again what day was today in a roundabout way but he then asked me if I had lost my memory. Okay, so he doesn't remember. I was so stupid for thinking he'd remember it.

That day, I went out to celebrate my birthday with my friends. I also went to my parents house for a bit. When I got home, Edith gave me some flowers. She said they were for me.

I checked the flowers and they were so pretty. There was a card attached to it. I didn't read the card but on top of it there was I'm sorry for being such a jerk. Whom were these flowers from? Maybe it's from Atlas for how he acted yesterday. I can't believe he knows what my favourite flower is. I'm so happy!

At that moment, Atlas comes home.

"Atlas. You're back!" I said excitedly

"Yeah." He said.

"Hey, how did you know I like white lilies? These flowers are so beautiful." I said as I hold the bouquet of white lilies.

"What flowers?" He asked as I noticed that he's holding something behind his back. And then I realise he wasn't the one who sent these. I read the note attached to the flowers. They were from John. He wants to be friends again and he is sorry for acting like such a jerk to me.

"Sorry, these are from a friend. My bad." I said as I then put these flowers in an empty vase. I wanted to ask Atlas what he was holding behind him, but he went to his room before I could say anything. And before leaving I see him throw something in the dustbin.

I then get messages from John saying how sorry he was and how Brian told him about me. He told me that my mother was the one who gave him my address because he wanted to patch things up with me. He even told me he is engaged. He said he knows that it was too early, but he loves her fiancée and doesn't want to waste a moment in spending the rest of his life with her. He even told me happy birthday and invited me to his wedding. I replied to him by saying thanks and I was never that much angry at him. And it was true. I never would've known Atlas if it wasn't for him. We then ended the conversation in good terms.

I was going towards my room when I see that inside the dustbin there were was a bouquet of white lilies. Is that what Atlas threw in the dustbin? Why? Luckily the dustbin was empty except the flowers, so I picked those flowers, dust them off and then I read the card next to it.
Happy birthday, Elaine!

Aww! So he remembered! I don't know why he threw them away...but seeing these flowers I was so happy. I took the flowers up to my room and I put them right next to my bed. That's it. I've decided. No more hiding my feelings. I'm gonna tell him how I feel. I quickly send a message to Claire about how I'm going to tell him.

I then excitedly go downstairs into the kitchen where Atlas is.

"Hey Atlas." I said happily. This is it. I'm gonna tell Atlas I love him.

"I need to talk to you." We both then said at the same time. What did he wanted to talk about?

"You go first." He said. I got curious about what he wants to say.

"No, you go first." I said because I really wanted to hear what he has to say

"Elaine, Lets get divorced." He said as all my excitement went away. I felt as if I forgot how to breathe and my heart stopped beating. What? Why? Why now? What just happened? Did he just say....divorced? I...I....felt my eyes getting all teary.

"Sure?" I said that at the moment because this is what he wants. I then quickly run up to my room because I couldn't face him.
As soon as I shut the door, tears started falling down. I felt my throat being tightened and I couldn't stop myself from breaking down. Why did he say that? Why now? When I had finally decided to confess, he then wants to end the only single relation we have with each other. I don't want that. I don't want to be separated by him. That night I cried a lot, for the first time in my life. I tried to stop but I couldn't stop my tears from falling down. I felt as if my heart got shattered into pieces like I got heart-broken before I could even confess.

Hey guys! Comment to let me know what you guys thought of this chapter and please vote if you enjoyed reading it. Thanks!