Chap#33

Atlas's POV;

After the marriage, the next day I got home at night, I get surprised to find Elaine there. If I'm being honest, I was so busy with work that I forgot about her. She was saying something but I wasn't sure if she was talking to me. Besides I was talking to Mike. We finally managed to get a bit of data from Will, Stephens supervisor, that knows about all the transactions. But the day before he was going to give us the data, Will disappeared. Stephen doesn't know that I'm looking into his background and everything, so I asked some other people for Will's whereabouts along with Mike, and all I could find was that he reigned. How can he just resign and then completely disappear? I'm pretty sure it's Stephens doing.

I was talking to Mike and going up to my room when she blocked my way. What does she want? I asked her and she just wanted the internet password. I was about to give it to her when I get a call from Mike. This was more important, so I just told her to figure it out herself.

The next day, I was busy with work. I had to sign and overlook everything. Stephen was still angry about Richard leaving, which I felt happy about.
That night at dinner, Elaine started talking about how mute I was. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I don't talk. I just don't have anything to talk to her about. And then I got a call from Mike, about Will. We still can't find him. We went to his house, but his family had shifted somewhere else and no one knows where.

A few days went by and there were no signs of him. On the same time at home, I kind of got to know Elaine. She loves eating. And she loves to talk. Whenever we are sitting in the same room, she starts talking about something. She says that she's bored, so she will talk, even if I'm not listening because for her she believes we have to be friends. Friends? Nope. I don't like that. But, I do listen to her. Whatever she's saying, I am listening to her even though I'm texting in my phone, or checking emails. I do listen to her. She's kind of interesting and somehow I like hearing her talk.

And aside from that, she does things that annoy me. But I get back at her by doing things that annoy her. I was at my office, when I heard my phone beep. I checked to see what happened and it said there was fire at my home. Fire? I check the cameras to find Elaine in the kitchen trying to do something with the food she burnt. I chuckled at this. It was kind of funny. I kept watching her for a few more minutes. It was cute. She was cute. And then as she passed by the living room, I don't know what got over me but I decided to have some fun. So I turned on the TV. She got surprised. I did it a few more times until she ran away. Looks like I scared her.

That night she told me the house is haunted. I laughed out loud at this. And as we both reached for the last piece of pizza our hands touched. She quickly pulled hers back and then went to her room. This was not good. I shouldn't be falling for her. Earlier today, she fell on top of me. At that moment, I wanted to touch her. What is it with this girl? I just can't stop thinking about her. And I've only known her for a few days.

The next night, she looked so stunning. Lately she has even started asking me how she looks. Each time I just reply she looks fine. It's not that she doesn't look okay, in fact to me she's the most beautiful girl. But I just don't know how to put it into words. Besides I don't want any weirdness between us. I don't want her to leave me.

During the dinner at mum's house, I had to leave because we found a club where we might find any details of Will. I didn't have anyone to send as only me and Mike were working on this.

When we went there and started asking around, we found someone who gave us a recording of Will's last call to him. He said that Will had been threatened. After this, a group of guys came and threatened us not to poke our noses where they don't belong. I'm pretty sure they were Stephen's men who were told to stop anyone to find out about Will.