Chap#24

Elaine's POV;

It has been four days since my wedding. Today I went for a job interview in the morning. Even though Claire told me to wait for at least a month, I just can't wait that long. I'm bored. And I actually got the job without having an interview. They just asked me how Atlas is and etc and they offered me a higher post job with double salary. I asked them why. And they said it's because I'm Atlas's wife. Now, I didn't like that one bit. I work hard and I want a job that wants me for my hard work, not because I'm married to some rich idiot guy. And it wasn't just this company, there were two other companies who offered me jobs like it was just sitting there for free.

It was now almost dinner time. Edith has gone to do grocery shopping with Harold. It was after I complained to Atlas about not having any food in the house. He told Edith to just buy whatever necessary. Me and Atlas have started talking with each other, I guess. We don't talk much. It's just small talk which usually ends in him talking to someone on his phone.

I was still in the clothes that I wore for the interview, so I changed into some comfortable clothing. A loose shirt with denim short and my hair was up in a messy bun. I took ice cream from the fridge and sat down in front of the tv to watch a movie. Half way through the movie, I hear the door being open and in comes Atlas. He is holding his coat over his arm and has rolled up the shirt's sleeves. He looks kind of surprised to see me.

"Why aren't you ready yet?" He asked

"Ready? For what?" I asked as I pause the movie

"For dinner. We have to go to a charity event tonight. I told you about it two days ago." He said

"What! No, you didn't! I'm hearing about this just now." I said as I stand up

"Oh," He said as he thought something and then said, "Well I am telling you now. Get ready."

"That's way too sudden. Do you know how long it takes to get ready? You should've told me about this sooner. I'm not going." I said. It takes three hours to get ready and he expects me to be ready so quickly? I'm not going. I'm already too comfortable in my clothes. It'll be such a hassle to get all ready.

"Fine. Then I won't go to that high school reunion party you told me about." He said as he then heads upstairs

"Hey...I didn't mean it like that. Of course I'll go. I'll go get ready now! And don't leave without me this time!" I said as I run to my room. Yesterday, I got an invite to my high school reunion. You are allowed to bring your partners with you and everyone wanted to meet my "husband." So I told Atlas about it. It's not like I really want him to go with me, but it just so happens that there will be those people, who brag about everything and they don't believe I'm married. And well, everything about them is irritating. So I kind of wanted to shut their mouth.

Okay, now I had to get ready. What is this charity event anyway? And is it some fancy dinner or something casual? I have no idea what to wear! So after half an hour of going through my clothes, I pick a white and black printed sleeveless frock with black heels. I wear sliver earrings and I keep my makeup as light as natural as possible. And I just let my hair loose as it is.