Chap#10

Atlas's POV;

We stopped by a restaurant after meeting Jackson at his office. It was a small nice restaurant. I hadn't been here before, but it looked nice. Mike got himself a sandwich. While I got myself coffee. I love coffee. It keeps me energetic. While my order was being prepared, I stood there looking around, until I saw a girl come inside and sit across another woman. She looked familiar. Where had I seen her before? Oh, she was that girl who barged into Jackson's office. I think she works there. But I've seen her somewhere else too. I might have seen her at Tyler's wedding. I think she is Claire's best friend, I guess. She looks the same. I must've been subconsciously staring at her because Mike noticed it.
"That's Elaine, Claire's best friend. We met at the wedding." Mike said, "she's kind of Amelias friend too."

"Hmm." I said as I continued staring at her. She looked happy drinking that coffee. Maybe she's a coffee lover like me? Well why do I care who she is or what she likes.

"Do you like her? You keep staring at her." Mike said which brought me back from my thoughts.

"No, I was just thinking of something else." I replied.

Finally my coffee came. After having lunch, we went back to the office.

As soon as I reached my office, I saw Stephen sitting on my chair.

"Hello Atlas. It's good to see you." He said as he smiled

"It's good to see you too." I replied as I faked a smile. Oh god what was he doing here. My day was going perfectly happy until I saw his face. I don't care why he was here, it was irritating me more that he was sitting on my chair. He has no right to sit on that chair.

"I just came to see how the company was going. It's going okay, I see." He said as he still didn't get up from my chair. In fact he started opening up my drawers

"What are you doing? Stop going through my things." I said as I glared at him

"I came to talk to you. As a partner and also as your father's friend." He said as he stands up. He is a middle age man. With wrinkles on his face. And he is always smiling. A face that I'd like to punch. He knows something about my father's death which I'll find all out one day. For now I'm just playing along until I find proof.

"What is it?" I said as I sit on my chair. I know it was a bit childlike, but I was trying to claim that this seat was mine.

"Leila misses you." He said as he started looking at my books in the bookshelf. Leila was his daughter. A rich, stupid and annoying girl who is always following me around whenever I accidentally see her. I don't get what's her problem. I ignore what he just said and opened up my laptop.

"Well she told me you rejected to hang out with her. You shouldn't do that. It breaks her poor heart." He said as he takes a book from the shelf

I don't reply anything. I haven't got time for him and his annoying daughter.

"Do you remember Richard?" He then said as he started going through the pages of that book

"Yes, I do know who he is." I replied. Of course I'd know who that guy is. Stephen made Richard a board member. A corrupt person who blackmails others.

"We actually decided to make a deal. I'm selling him five of our side companies and he will provide us with free materials. And there are a few minor details we added in the deal. Do you know about Richard's daughter? She's very pretty and smart. She is a model. She's around your age. Are you listening?" He said as he puts the book back in the shelf

"You are doing what?! You need to get my approval first. Don't forget that I owe half of the company!" I said angrily. I wasn't angry about him selling the company. That was the first time he was doing something smart. I was angry about the fact that he makes these decisions without my consent.