Chap#15

Elaine's POV;

We reached his house just before dinner. All throughout the ride I felt like my breathing had stopped. But it was fun. There were times when I actually enjoyed riding the bike although it's another matter that at that same moment this idiot would take a stupid sharp turn.

I got off from the bike, took the hair tie off looked at the pocket mirror to make sure my hair wasn't ruined. After I was done, I turn to Atlas but he's not there. Where is he? I start to look for him. Maybe he went inside. I am about to go inside when suddenly he comes out.

"What are you doing?" He asked

"Looking for you." I replied

He then comes near me and takes my left hand. This startles me so I move back a bit. What is he doing? He then takes my ring finger and slips a ring on it.

"It fits." He said

"What is this?" I said as I pulled my hand back and started looking at this beautiful diamond ring. It's so simple yet so beautiful.

"A ring

"A ring. Can't you see? Oh wait, I forgot. You can't. That's why you still need to get your eyes checked." He replied

"You forgot? You need to get your brain checked as you forget things so easily." I said as I looked at the ring. It did fit so perfectly.

"Sorry, my bad. But now I know you have admitted that you can't see." He replied as we went inside

"Shut up! I never agreed to that." I said, "by the way, I've got to admit. You have a nice choice. Where'd you buy it from? How much does it cost? Are you sure you can afford this?" I started asking questions

"Thanks. But I didn't choose it. I just went to the first store I could see, and asked the salesgirl to give me any ring that fits this size. Now let's go." He said as he started walking towards what seemed like the living room. I followed after him. I wanted to ask him how he knew the size. But a girl came downstairs and hugged him, suddenly. He hugged her back and both were laughing and smiling. Wait...was he laughing? This guy knows how to laugh? The girl then looked at me and excitedly asked Atlas, "Is that her?"
That made me curious. Just what did this guy tell his family about me.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Elaine." I said as I smiled. This girl was pretty. She looked young. My guess was that she must be a high schooler.

"Hi! I'm Lyra! You're so pretty!" She replied as she then elbowed Atlas and said, "Nice catch."

Atlas ignores what she says and asked, "Where is mum?"

"She's getting ready. I'll go call her. She is really excited to meet you!" Lyra said to me as she then went upstairs

"That was your sister, right? Who else is in your family?" I asked

"Aside from Lyra, there's my mum." He said as he sat down and took out his phone and again started typing