Chap#29

Elaine's POV;

After what happened yesterday night, I laid down right in the middle of the bed, if that idiot again forgets. But around 1, I woke up and I saw that he wasn't in the room. Was it because of me? I decided to go look for him. It wasn't that I am worried or something. But it was late night. Doesn't he have to sleep? I went downstairs and I saw him sitting on a chair with a pile of papers. His head was on the table and that's when I saw that he was sleeping. Why does he work so hard? I thought as I looked at all the papers. This idiot. Isn't he a bit cold here? I quickly went and got him a blanket which I put over him. Don't be mistaken. I was only doing this because...umm....because he was letting me sleep on his bed? Well whatever, I just did what I felt like at the moment. And then I went back to the room and slept.

The next day after breakfast, we were out in the garden just sitting and talking. Doctors had advised Olivia to get fresh air, so we daily spent one or two hours outside. It has been three days since Olivia's discharge.

I was playing catch with Lyra. She throws the ball at me and I'm about to catch it, when someone else catches it. I turn to see who it is and it's a girl with long black straight hair and beautiful black eyes. She really is so beautiful. But who is she? I thought as I saw her run up to Lyra and hug her but I could tell Lyra didn't like her as she tried to avoid her hug.

"Ly! It's so nice to see you!" She said

"Kate, what are you doing here?" Lyra said

"Well I'm back. I heard Auntie got a heart attack, so I decided to visit her." The girl called Kate replied as she then went and hugged Olivia, "How are you, Auntie? It's been so long since I last saw you! You've lost some weight, haven't you?" She said

"Kate, it's so nice to see you." Olivia replied, "So, how long are you in the city for?" She asked

"Forever! At least I hope so. I applied for a job and got accepted." She replied

"Oh that's great." Olivia said

"Umm...Lyra. Who is this?" She asked her as she pointed at me

"Oh right, you guys haven't met. Kate meet Elaine, brother's wife. Elaine, Kate was our neighbour." Lyra said as I put my hand in front for a handshake but she hugged me instead

"Oh! It's so nice to meet you! I'm sorry I couldn't come to your wedding. It was literally so sudden that I couldn't take time off from the office." She said while hugging me

"Ah, it's fine. Nice to meet you too." I replied as I smiled

"So, where you from? Whats your hobby? How did you meet Atlas?" She kept on asking me a bunch of questions when Olivia interrupted her and asked, "Will you be staying here?" She looked at the suitcase Kate was holding.

"Actually, if you don't mind, I'd like to stay just until I find an apartment." She said

"I don't mind. You can stay as long as you want." Olivia replied as she smiled

"Thank you! This is great! We are going to have so much fun, Ly! And you too Elly!" She said excitedly. Elly? Is that my nickname?

"Don't mind her. She's just friendly." Lyra said to me as we all then head inside

All day this girl just kept on talking and talking. It's not that I don't like her, but it's just that I can't keep up with all her questions.

Luckily, I went to help Olivia with dinner. They didn't really need help as there were maids. But still I helped her a bit.

After an hour I heard the main door being opened. I guess it was Atlas. I don't know but I got excited and I went to greet him, but before I could say anything, Kate excitedly went up to him, hugged him and kissed his cheek. I kind of didn't like what I was seeing. Suddenly, my mood was off.

"Kate?" He said as he looked surprised

"Yep! It's so nice to see you! Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend before even though we did kept in touch?" She said

"I didn't feel like telling you." Atlas replied

"Yeah yeah. You never change do you." She said as she hugged his arm

"And you never change also, clingy as always." He replied as he then looked back and said, "Mike, come on in. What's taking you so long?"

Upon this, Mike enters. I guess he's joining us for dinner.

"Hi! It's so nice to see you! How are you?" I asked him as I smiled

"I'm good. How are you?" He asked

"I'm fine. How's Amelia? I haven't seen you for a long time. I last talked to Amelia and she told me you were a lot busy these days. She is worried about you, you know. You should take a break once in a while." I said

"I know. She keeps nagging about it to me all day." He said as we then started chatting. Mike is also my friend so it is always fun talking to him. I then felt two pair of eyes glaring at me. I turned to see Atlas and Kate.

"Hi." Kate said to Mike

"Hi." He replied as there was this awkwardness in the room. What was this weird tension?

"Guys! It's time for dinner!" Lyra said as we all then went to the dinning room

Throughout dinner, Kate sat next to Atlas. I get that they have known each other since childhood, but wasn't she too close to him? And why was she acting like she's his wife? Aren't I his wife? I must've been glaring at those two because Mike who was sitting next to me, whispered in my ears, "Someone looks jealous."

"Who?" I asked

"You." He replied

"Me? Jealous? Of whom?" I said

"You know what I'm talking about." He said

"Don't. Whatever you're thinking, it's not true." I said

"Oh come on, you know what I'm thinking is true. So why are you denying it?" He said

"Very funny. Am I supposed to laugh on that?" I replied sarcastically. He then changed the topic because he guessed that I didn't want to talk about this anymore. We then started talking about something else, which made us both laugh.

"Hey Atlas. Wanna go out tomorrow?" Kate asked suddenly

"No, I'm busy." Atlas replied without any pause. I kind of secretly laughed at this.

"Oh come on, please! I haven't been to this city for a while now, and it'll be fun! Just like old times! You can show me the new changes around the city!" She said

"Me and Mike have some work to do tomorrow." He said as she looked at Mike and then at me. She then said, "Fine. He can come too if he wants. And just to keep him company, Elly can come too!"

"You two can go if you want to. I'll handle the work we have to do since there's not much to do." Mike said. He's letting them both go alone? Well technically two people are never alone, but still. The thought of two of them hanging out together was weird. Plus I wanna hang out too. I think. So I elbowed Mike at this. He looked at me, smirked and said, "But if Elaine wants to go, then I have no problem."

"I have no problem either." I said. Why did I say that? I didn't really want to go out. It's just that she's being too clingy, but that shouldn't matter to me, right?

"Fine then. Let's go to mall tomorrow."
Kate said as she kept looking at me. But then I noticed that she wasn't looking at me and she was actually looking at Mike. Did something happen between the two of them?

Please please vote and comment! I hope you guys are liking the book so far. Thanks for reading!