Chap#3

Elaine's POV;

It was the next morning. I had already called Jackson, telling him that I'll send him the files through email and I won't be coming into work today. All my things had already been packed and loaded into the taxi. I went to my landlord Mr. Ray.

"I'm sorry for making you go through all that trouble. I knew you deserved those three months rent, so here. It's not the exact amount. But it's close to like two months. I hope this works." I said as I handed out the money to him. His wife Mrs. Ray was standing next to him.

"I'm sorry for being so rude to you little lady. You are a smart girl. You keep this money." Mr. Ray said as he handed back the money to me

"Yes. You don't need to give this to us. We don't need it. It was pleasant having you here. I wish you could've stayed here more. We could lower the rent price if you want?" Mrs Ray said. They both were old, nice people. I didn't want them cutting their house budget because of me.

"I enjoyed staying here too. I'm sorry but I can't stay here more. Even if you lower the price, I still wouldn't be able to afford it. It was nice knowing you two. Take care. Good bye." I said as I sat into the taxi and they both waved at me. They both were old, so I used to help them around whenever they needed something. The only reason that they didn't say anything to me for three months was because they knew me. But I knew I was bothering them, so one day or another, I had to leave the apartment.

I reached my old house. It was somewhat a huge house. Well compared to my apartment, it was huge. I moved back into my old room. Last night I told everything to mom and dad. They accepted everything. Although dad complained about how he was right about me being wrong about having this job.

I finished working everything on the laptop and I sent the file to Jackson. The project was finally complete as an hour later I received a call from the client who liked and accepted it. Now I had to look for another job. I sighed as I looked at my phone. Where was Claire? She hasn't called me all day. Just then the bell rang. Mom opened the door and in came Claire.

"Hi!" She said as she hugged me.

"I was wondering where you were." I said as we both went up to my room. Claire had been to my house for so many times that she practically treated it as her second home.

"Guess what? Since all my projects are already completed, I went ahead and looked for other jobs." Claire said

"Oh that's great. So did you find any good ones?" I said

"Actually, I found a great one for Tyler. In fact he is on his way for an interview over there." She replied

"Are you not going to apply?" I asked

"No. I've actually decided to stop working. I'm taking a break. You know you should take a break too. Have a few months for yourself and then apply for some job." She said

"Taking a break? Why?" I asked

"Everyone needs to sometimes just step back, take a break and enjoy the view." She said

"I'm pretty sure it's a breath." I said as I tried to figure out which quote she was using. But I gave up after a while.

Just then there was a knock on my door.
"Enter." I said as my mom came inside holding a tray with three cups of coffee. There was something else on the tray too.

"I got you girls some coffee. Mind if I join you?" She asked as she sat next to Claire on the sofa while we each took a cup of coffee.

"Elaine. Remember how I told you I sent your name to the marriage centre?" My mom said